Quality Caliper

Clever

I would like to know what calipers have given the best and the most consistent readings. I have had my fair share of different manufacturers, with a lot of trial and error I have settled on one for a good stretch now. Like to hear some input from all you that strive for optimum accuracy and consistent.

I currently own 6 sets of calipers

4 mitutoyos
-2 vernier, 1 dial, 1 digital
2 brown and sharpes
-Both dial
1 starret
-1 digital

They are all good calipers capable of comparable accuracy, but i feel the best bang for the buck probably lies with mitutoyo. Mine are pretty trashed and im in need of a new pair. Using all four means of measurement hundreds of times every day, you eat these things up pretty quick. Or i drop them.

I currently own 6 sets of calipers

4 mitutoyos
-2 vernier, 1 dial, 1 digital
2 brown and sharpes
-Both dial
1 starret
-1 digital

They are all good calipers capable of comparable accuracy, but i feel the best bang for the buck probably lies with mitutoyo. Mine are pretty trashed and im in need of a new pair. Using all four means of measurement hundreds of times every day, you eat these things up pretty quick. Or i drop them.

I have 4 of them, they are 1 year old. I had them dedicated for it's own task. Now I use only 2 and have the other 2 sitting in my safe. Do you need them? They are in excellent condition.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts