Pulled out of the .308 Purchase, leaning toward a 7mm RM

andym

Hey All,
Posted last week about going to pick up a T3x Compact .308. Well, Shot a 7mm Rem Mag the other day. Started doing some research and pretty sure I'm going with the 7mm.
The T3x light. Any input on the gun, the round, factory ammo, and Optics (gotta stay under $500 after a mil discount) for Mule Deer up to Elk, 100 to 600m.
Thanks,
Andy

That sounds cool.
Lots of good options in the tikka. I have shot the tikka 595's and a t3 and have seen great accuracy results. The other huge positive is the factory box magazine has very long oal to seat bullets long.

You can get lots of the top stock manufacturers stocks and some other great aftermarket options for the t3x if you want to upgrade.

As far as your scope price point with a military discount you should be able to get very close or hit that $500 mark on a very quality scope if you go with a vortex or leupold as their military discount programs are AMAZING. I won't quote anything here as that's unfair to the manufacturer but shoot them an email with your credentials and you will see what I'm talking about.

Lastly if you are going with a t3x, you have an excellent full size 22lr trainer that just came out in the t1x.

My wife is wanting to get into the sport and I want to get her a T1x this year and a matching T3x next year.

What are you using the rifle for? Type of hunting, species and terrain?

Great choice! Those shoot great, very accurate for the money!I love the 7MAG and so will you. I agree with midnightmalloy on this one!I killed a mule deer at 937 yards with a 7MAG.

I've got a few Vortex. It is hard to beat that discount.

That sounds cool.
Lots of good options in the tikka. I have shot the tikka 595's and a t3 and have seen great accuracy results. The other huge positive is the factory box magazine has very long oal to seat bullets long.

You can get lots of the top stock manufacturers stocks and some other great aftermarket options for the t3x if you want to upgrade.

As far as your scope price point with a military discount you should be able to get very close or hit that $500 mark on a very quality scope if you go with a vortex or leupold as their military discount programs are AMAZING. I won't quote anything here as that's unfair to the manufacturer but shoot them an email with your credentials and you will see what I'm talking about.

Lastly if you are going with a t3x, you have an excellent full size 22lr trainer that just came out in the t1x.

My wife is wanting to get into the sport and I want to get her a T1x this year and a matching T3x next year.

What are you using the rifle for? Type of hunting, species and terrain?

Hey All,
Posted last week about going to pick up a T3x Compact .308. Well, Shot a 7mm Rem Mag the other day. Started doing some research and pretty sure I'm going with the 7mm.
The T3x light. Any input on the gun, the round, factory ammo, and Optics (gotta stay under $500 after a mil discount) for Mule Deer up to Elk, 100 to 600m.
Thanks,
Andy

Tikkas, like the Sakos are excellent rifles. IIWY, I'd put a an effective muzzle brake on it even it you're not recoil sensitive. An effective muzzle brake (and there are plenty to choose from with reasonable prices) not only reduces felt recoil but also muzzle rise ... being able to see target on impact is priceless.

For rifle in 7mmRM, I'd look into the Browning Hells Canyon Speed Long Range... New ones come in 1:8" twist, so you can shoot 140-195 grain bullets. It's a bit pricey for the rifle, but the store you order from might also give a mil discount. Also, Vortex scopes are great. I love the HS-T line, have quite a few of them.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.