PT&G reamers?

steelshooter

My smith ordered a reamer from PT&G back in March and is still waiting despite being told a number of times that it would be dispatched "soon".
Is anyone else experiencing slow service or is it just my luck?

Stay on them. If you don't they won't make it a priority.

When I ordered my reamers I was told 4 to 5 weeks. I sent in dummies with my prints so I called and verified they got it. At that time she said 4-6 weeks. At 4 weeks I was told 6-8 weeks. At 6 weeks I was told 8-10 weeks. Since that would mean I would miss a hunt I got ****ed about it. They are suppose to ship next week which would be right around 8 weeks.

My smith ordered a reamer from PT&G back in March and is still waiting despite being told a number of times that it would be dispatched "soon".
Is anyone else experiencing slow service or is it just my luck?

Wow .

I don't know about overseas deliveries but I normally have good luck with PT&G.

I also use Mansion Reamers and have had excellent service with them.

I normally look to see if ether one has the reamer I want and use the one that has the reamer.

If I have to order, I call Mansion because of faster delivery and service.

Good Service means good employees and some companies have better employees than others.

No reamer should take over 6 to 8 weeks. Call and ask to talk to Dave kiff and find out what
the problem is.

Some times A Smith will use the delivery of a part to cover his lack of planning and scheduling
not that your smith would do that, but it would be wise to talk to PT&G and get an order date to
make sure that you are not criticizing the wrong person.

Just a suggestion

J E CUSTOM

Last edited:
I am in the same boat. My guy ordered a regular 25-06 from them this spring. He only had a tight neck version and I need standard. We are still waiting. Good thing I am not in a rush.

A longer than advertised lead time from PTG has been pretty common for the past year or so. I love that they're always coming out with new innovative components but I think they need to concentrate a bit more on catching up on they're current work load. I have hundreds of reamers from PTG but started getting reamers from JGS recently due to I can't wait 2-3 months for a reamer. I pay a bit more but it's worth it to me to have the reamer in a couple weeks rather than a couple of months.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.