Proud of my Hound

YZ-80

Taylor came across a 36-hour old fawn today and I found her laying down Next to it. It could barely stand. I recently had some driveway work done and we have a silt fence in place to control any runoff. I guess when mama jumped the fence, baby could not make it and laid down against it. Taylor barked at me while I came by on the side by side and I snapped this pic. I called the kids and had them bring me some scent-free gloves I keep in my fanny-pack for putting out Tink's during the rut. I put the gloves on and lifted the fawn over the fence, gently setting her down on the other side. Mamma was not far off and we heard her in the thick brush as the fawn staggered its way into the cover. I'll go back and check in about an hour but I think we successfully reunited this little one with her mom. It was really cool to see how the hound instinctively knew how delicate the situation was. She's a good dog.
D040A171-B23D-4AD1-8333-3453B20EC5DB.jpeg
D040A171-B23D-4AD1-8333-3453B20EC5DB.jpeg

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.