Probs w/McMillan stock for savage?

Billinsd

I bought a Stevens 7mm Rem mag about a couple years ago. It had the old trigger and the new center feed, in the stock, blind magazine :cool:

I sent the barreled action to Sharpshootersupply in Ohio to tune the receiever and do some other stuff.:D

Then I sent the barreled action to McMillan to get a stock in "EDGE" technolgy including a custom bedding job and installation.gun)

I got the whole thing back and rear receiver screw is not tightend down like like the front receiver and trigger guard screws. So, I tighten the rear receiver screw by the trigger guard and the trigger now binds........hmmm:rolleyes:

I send the whole gun back in and it comes back and the screws are all tight now and the trigger does not bind. HOWEVER, when I took the receiver out the blind magazine comes flying out of the stock like a "jack in the box" and the pieces go flying all over the floor.

I took a look and tried to fit the pieces back in the space in the stock for the blimd magazine and it is loose as a goose. Bummer:rolleyes:

I called back today and they will look at it again.

The customer service is EXCELLENT and are appologetic and have paid for shipping the gun back second day air!!! :) The people on the phone seem to be in disbelief that their gunsmiths could have missed such seemingly basic details.

What all do you have that have experience with McMillan and with the new center feed blind magazines?

I'll attach some photos to another post.

Thanks
Bill

IMGP1576.jpg
Here are some photos of the stock showing the "L" bracket, which is not centered over the rear receiver screw hole?

Thanks
Bill

Last edited:
I had the box loose problem on a B&C and I just tweaked the little tab on the L bracket out just enough to hold it tight. :D

Wow, no responses? You could PM me if you like.. What other forum would you all recommend to ask questions about Savage rifles, and not www.Savageshooters.com , I asked them as well. Maybe it's hard to make a post? My photos are really wide and you have to move the space bar on the bottom of the page?

Thanks
Bill

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.