What stock for a Savage?

I thought I saw one at shooters discount in long action. Now how about the target action?

Nope I was illusioning...this vicodin I'm on after knee surgery is making me loopy. :D

Geargrinder, is the recoil pad on yours the 1" that Stockade offers, or another brand? Looks nice.

Yep, it's the 1" from Stockade. Very comfortable. In fact, I just got back from the range. My factory stocked .308 Savage 110 with a decellerator pad beat me up worse than twice as many shots with my .300 win Savage 112 in the Pdog/Tactical.

Who likes my stock I just pasted and paint-shopped on?

prototype2.jpg

Looks like kind of a mutt mix... the front end looks like it'd work best on a wide front rest rather than a bipod, and the rear doesn't look like it was designed with tracking in the bags in mind. The stock *looks* nice, but I'm not sure how functional it'd be.

I couldn't figure out how to make a 2D image look like the forend would be smaller. I was thinking about the flat area below the action for offhand (I like to shoot offhand at the range) and then have the forend rounded...not sure how that would work.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts