Probably not gunsmithing?

70oldsracer

I know this might not be a gunsmithing question, but I wasn't sure where else to post this. Does anyone know of a gray webbing spray paint? I have white and black, but I can't find gray. Thanks.

Yeah, me too. I did the white and the black already. I was hoping to find a gray.
sDArmo.jpg

X8MdFP.jpg

It's not hard at all, the webbing comes out of the can like silly string. I lay my stocks horizontally and just let the webbing fall on it. As you do it, you'll figure out how far away you need to be from the stock to get your desired pattern. Just try it on a piece of 2x4 first to see what it's all about. Depending on the Look I'm going for, I use either a matte or satin clear coat after the webbing has dried for a few days.

I just "upgraded" a tikka stock and might try this. An epoxy clear would make it bulletproof
I just had my Tikka on the bench, new scope, trigger spring and recoil pad. I'm thinking about getting a new stock too, but might just go with a Bell and Carlson in gray with black webbing. What stock did you upgrade?
uAMKhP.jpg

y1Zq6W.jpg

What stock did you upgrade?
I used the old stock. Machined some aluminum pillars, rebedded, added steel recoil lug I made, filled barrel channel with galvanized 1/2 pipe and epoxy fill with microspheres. I'll do the writeup and videos later, if anyone is interested. Weighs in at 35oz. It isn't a manners, but we'll know the next time I take it out to the range if it was worth it.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.