savage gunsmithing needed

Well I seeing able to us this rifle for hunting this year.nt my barreled action to SSS . they said 4-6 weeks to do the work. Here it is September 9th and I have not heard anything from them they have not returned any e mails since they first got my rifle and I cant get them on the phone. the recording says they don't except messages and to e mail them or send a letter in the mail.
I'm not trying to badmouth them im just getting a little concerned about being able to use the rifle for hunting this season. has anyone heard from them or know what might be going on with them ?
what I meant to say is I sent my rifle the first week of july and I cant get a hold of them . they said 4-6 weeks for the work being done, I hope everything is alright with them .
Does anyone have any info on SSS recently ?

Sorry I know it's not what you want to hear but I tried to warn you without badmouthing them (and let the BBB complaints do the warning) as they have lots of satisfied customers.

I hope it gets sorted out before the hunting season and that you have a back up plan just in case. Good luck!

Sometimes it is hard to get back to customers but I make a very good effort at getting back to them especially if I am working on something for them. Good luck on getting a hold of them.

WOW
i just read my first post and i think i must have had a good buzz when it came to my spell check !!
any way thanks for the input i hope i can get some tuning done soon. i have been comunicating with SSS and i think i will give them a try.
everything i have read is that Fred is the savage king so i hope everything goes well.
I will report back when it comes back but that wont be until late july or august.
thanks
Casey

Seems like you already had your mind made up before you started this thread. Several people on here warned you that they have the crappiest customer service of anybody on the net and that they never meet their deadlines. You did not listen and therefore more than likely will not have your rifle back before hunting season. There are several other Savage gunsmith's, that are just as good, and have great CS and would have gotten your rifle back to you. Hopefully somebody else will read this thread and not make the same mistake, I don't see how they stay in business. Kevin Rayhill is an extremely nice guy and makes a nice product, but I will never use him again either. He quoted me 3-4 month's on a stock and it took over 9 months causing me to not have my rifle ready for a big hunt. I asked for a refund and he told me he would have to charge me 75$ restocking fee even though he had someone else waiting on the same exact stock and he was the one that didn't hold up to his end of the bargain. I am done with Savage rifles in general because you basically have to deal with this kind of crap when you want aftermarket accessories. Rant over.

finally heard from them yesterday via e mail it said they are backed up with projects that have been there longer than mine and hopefully they can get to mine next week.
Although I don't need this rifle for hunting this year it would have been nice to use.
I will post if I get another update and thanks for the input.
casey

got my rifle back today and it looks excellent. the action is smooth as silk and the muzzle brake and fluting is nice.
Only thing that could of been a problem is they left a projectile in the end of the barrel and I only noticed it when I unscrewed the muzzle brake for inspection.
I would have never fired it without inspecting the bore for debris but it did make me inspect everything a lot better.
I will try and post pics later.
thanks
casey

got my rifle back today and it looks excellent. the action is smooth as silk and the muzzle brake and fluting is nice.
Only thing that could of been a problem is they left a projectile in the end of the barrel and I only noticed it when I unscrewed the muzzle brake for inspection.
I would have never fired it without inspecting the bore for debris but it did make me inspect everything a lot better.
I will try and post pics later.
thanks
casey

Glad to know you finally got it!

this is what I was talking about and since they wont return my e mail about it I guess its time to show folk.

Attachments

• 7 stw.jpg
    7 stw.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 68
  • 7stw.jpg
    7stw.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 68
  • stw 2.jpg
    stw 2.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 61
you see it correctly a bullet in the muzzle backwards. I finally got a response from them and they said they put it in there when bead blasting the muzzle brake so not to blast the rifling . oh and they said sorry and they were glad I checked it before I fired it and they are embarrassed .

I bet they would of been even more embarrassed if your would of shot it and blew the muzzle brake off the end and ruined the barrel.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.