Price of factory Ammo

My brother in law used to make traditional bows and may have a few left over.
You don't need primers or powder and your bullets are reusable.
I'm with Muddyboots,I may get back into archery!Still have 2 compound bows I have not shot in a while
I got back into archery a year ago. Bought a hybrid longbow. I called my son and told him to bring my old compound that I used to elk hunt with over. I gave it to him 20 years ago and it has just been sitting in storage. I couldn't pull it back and thought the wheels had seized up or something. Took it to the bow shop and they put it on their scale. 68 pounds the same it was 30 years ago. I couldn't get close to breaking it over. I couldn't believe it. Now I am shooting a traditional bow at 35 pounds and having a great time. Last winter I shot about every day. This winter I haven't been out once because of the weather. Have started to make my own cedar arrows. Good hobby because I can shoot in my backyard. However, can't wait for the weather to get nice so I can burn some powder. It has been a long winter.

I got back into archery a year ago. Bought a hybrid longbow. I called my son and told him to bring my old compound that I used to elk hunt with over. I gave it to him 20 years ago and it has just been sitting in storage. I couldn't pull it back and thought the wheels had seized up or something. Took it to the bow shop and they put it on their scale. 68 pounds the same it was 30 years ago. I couldn't get close to breaking it over. I couldn't believe it. Now I am shooting a traditional bow at 35 pounds and having a great time. Last winter I shot about every day. This winter I haven't been out once because of the weather. Have started to make my own cedar arrows. Good hobby because I can shoot in my backyard. However, can't wait for the weather to get nice so I can burn some powder. It has been a long winter.

You're telling me!!!! A long winter indeed. It's April and my breath is still freezing to my beard outside! This is not spring!!!!!! This was the temp this morning. April showers…????

"Feels like -27c" is equal to -17 F

Attachments

• B14A3BC8-AE4F-414F-A2C2-12BFF5E26C18.png
    B14A3BC8-AE4F-414F-A2C2-12BFF5E26C18.png
    712.1 KB · Views: 17
You're telling me!!!! A long winter indeed. It's April and my breath is still freezing to my beard outside! This is not spring!!!!!! This was the temp this morning. April showers…????

"Feels like -27c" is equal to -17 F
Calvin, I grew up just south of you in Montana 16 miles south of the border. Have the ducks and geese come back north yet?

Just looked at Cheaper Than Dirt this morning. Green Tip are now $2.00 each. I price out 5000 rounds @ $10,000.00. Last year they were $1,400.00 and the year before that $1,200.00 for the same amount of rounds. That is pricey, and Highway Robbery in my estimation. They need to stick it where the light doesn't shine.
Less than $600 a 1000 when I bought mine but it's been a while.🙁

If one buys factory ammo….the .30-378 has to take the stupid overpriced cake!!!
Anything Weatherby from Weatherby has always been stupidly expensive. Started loading rifles 40 years ago just for that. Before, only loaded handguns.

Anything Weatherby from Weatherby has always been stupidly expensive. Started loading rifles 40 years ago just for that. Before, only loaded handguns.
With my dallor per hour and started, you could reload for about $0.07 per round and factory was about $0.25 per round. had to go about 45 miles to boot for. 300 H & H ammo.

My LGS has been slowly increasing their inventory of ammo over the last year and their prices are within the $5 to $7 dollars of pre-scamdemic and pre Ukraine invasion. Though I had much of my inventory in place before both of these events so I wasn't too worried. However, finding .22-250 has been a challenge.

Of course if I want it bad enough I'll pay the going price but for now I'll wait until the prices drop a little more.

Recent Posts