Ammo prices and availability of components now

If you are just a hunter and casual shooter, buy what you need for the next five or six years. Set back and watch the world turn. This isn't the first time Israel has opened a can of whoop *** on others in that region. Remember, they frog stomped Egypt, Jordan and Lebanon at the same time. Think the dumb s#&it's there would learn. But no, lets poke the lion again.

I think that supplies are presently OK at best! This war and others will continue to and likely increase the "stranglehold" on the components that we need and want! And through lack of availability……prices will potentially increase substantially from their already high prices!

However, as an eternal optimist …..I may be wrong! 😉 memtb

Certainly seems like we've reached some level of stasis on certain portions of the market. Guessing things like 9 mil 223 and a few of the common ones that were first back are as low as can be. Well at least considering energy prices and 3 years of rather rampant inflation. Found a fall of 19 receipt in an old dress jacket, 12$ 9mm from 9$ then for the same ammo is less than the jump on what feels like everything else.

Right now there's a big discrepancy up here between low and high interest powder. 223 and 308 base powders in the high 30s, the big boomer powders are still pushing 50s. Primers are still triple pre fear pandemic. Don't think we'll see meaningful drops as long as labor and energy stays 30-60% higher.

I have seen a few ammo sites raise prices over this weekend on the same items. Mostly standard use ammo. 9mm, 5.56 and such

People were buying in a mini panic

If you are just a hunter and casual shooter, buy what you need for the next five or six years. Set back and watch the world turn. This isn't the first time Israel has opened a can of whoop *** on others in that region. Remember, they frog stomped Egypt, Jordan and Lebanon at the same time. Think the dumb s#&it's there would learn. But no, lets poke the lion again.
Solid advice. If you are looking to purchase a lot of ammo in bulk, I recommend looking into our Ammo+ membership. It's similar to a Prime membership, free shipping, and an average savings of $390 a year. Right now, if you sign up for Ammo+ and buy a case of Winchester ammo, you get a $50 gift card. https://www.targetsportsusa.com/winchester-ammunition-m-37.aspx?mc_cid=203de06269&mc_eid=UNIQID

Probably more byproduct of an election year than anything.

Was intrigued by black friday, they only sold out of one of the three door buster ammos. Ironically the only one that was a deal sold, one is now less than the door buster.

Wanted to stock up on 9mm for the summer plinking, cases are cheaper this week than black friday for even the Vista branded ammo. Eventually economic reality will change the price. The last run was partially funded by direct payment from uncle sugar, this next one will be far and away poorer funded.

Feel like the retailers are taking the brunt of it, spoke to a friend who owns a shop that does some real business. The Oct 8 rush lasted less than 48 hrs, and his holiday sales are almost exclusively moving on deals but nothing full price.

Vista can move up the price, but if the market slows from recession something has to give.

I'd be curious, stelantis moved msrp up 50% in the same time period as inflation was 26%. Has anyone tracked their actual cumulative increase since say January 1 2020? Does it line up with raw material increases?

War, Fear of War, Anticipation and Preparation for War, WORLD WIDE!

Before the USA went off the Gold standard by Richard Nixon, there were Depressions on 80-year cycles approximately, and we are overdue a correction in over-inflated values....it is going to be a Doosey! When President Trump took office, the Stock Market was in the 16,000 area. Can you imagine the Panic if the market fell back to that level?

It is coming, tie a knot and hang on!

Solid advice. If you are looking to purchase a lot of ammo in bulk, I recommend looking into our Ammo+ membership. It's similar to a Prime membership, free shipping, and an average savings of $390 a year. Right now, if you sign up for Ammo+ and buy a case of Winchester ammo, you get a $50 gift card. https://www.targetsportsusa.com/winchester-ammunition-m-37.aspx?mc_cid=203de06269&mc_eid=UNIQID
Good prices on bulk ammo. My pistols will now be well fed for a while.