Price of factory Ammo

The big box stores are in on the take also. 300prc hornady precision hunter was $57.99 a cabelas and $47.99 at Atwoods. This was at the FTW cabelas on Saturday.
You can't tell me that Atwoods has more buying power than cabelas/bass pro. They had everything pretty much except for .410 shot shells and 6.5 Grendel which are basically extinct in my neck of the woods.

Brownell has PMC 5.56 Green Tip @ $0.45 per round in 1000 lots plus shipping. Coming down. 5.56 ammo has been coming down more here lately. Don't get fooled in adds with ammo in the $0.60 area or even the $0.50 area either. I am seeing more powder available too. Some H 4350 and H 4831 mostly in 1# containers, but at about $50.00 per #. Saw some LRP in Winchester for about $100.00 per 1000.

I found the unicorn that has been small pistol primers at my LGS on Saturday.
At Trueshot the price is down on 5.56 green tips. $0.43 per round. It's coming back into line, but still high. I am see that H 4350 and 4831 is staying available for sale. The price still s*cks. Some Varget but it doesn't stay long.

5.56 down to $0.40 per round. About another dime and they will be in a real price line.
If only Powder would come down. H type is staying at $45 per lbs. H4350 and H4831 are staying on the shelves. H1000 and Varget are hit and miss. Primers forget it. :(

I was looking for some Federal Premium 270 WSM loads a few weeks ago.
Ammo Seek had them for $130/box!?
Nope, I'll pass thank you....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221120-081608_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20221120-081608_Samsung Internet.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 8
My brother in law used to make traditional bows and may have a few left over.
You don't need primers or powder and your bullets are reusable.
I'm with Muddyboots,I may get back into archery!Still have 2 compound bows I have not shot in a while

Academy Sports has various brands between $0.52-$0.60/round. I still think its high, but less then CTD

My brother in law used to make traditional bows and may have a few left over.
You don't need primers or powder and your bullets are reusable.
I'm with Muddyboots,I may get back into archery!Still have 2 compound bows I have not shot in a while
I have a compound bow too. Looking a black powder rifle. A very long time I purchase lead casting dies for every caliber and the other items to cast them, size them. Also got sizing dies for almost everything at that time to size and set bullets. Only two items I am short is a hardess testing tool.
Can't figure out what type of black powder rifle I want to get. There so many laws in different states, that a lot of rifle can't be used for hunting. I don't really want to get two black powder rifles either. I do understand why and agree with the standard that Montana and other states have set. I was amaze at what some of the black powder rifle can do now.
I felt like others, where the components are hard to come by, for reloading. This has happen a long time back too. The items did comeback. Now they are gone again. The prices are higher than hell too.

Last edited: