Price of factory Ammo

Im new to the site but man i love this place , so much information. Great group, trying to get more involved. Im going to Colorado this fall and need some guidance with gear and spot/stalk advice.

Im new to the site but man i love this place , so much information. Great group, trying to get more involved. Im going to Colorado this fall and need some guidance with gear and spot/stalk advice.
Where are you going? Which season? I hunted there about 6 seasons, in one area.

Headed to Pagosa Springs , Units 77,18 i think
I hunted in the Snowblind area. At the time Pagosa Springs was a good area. I haven't been in Colo in years. so I have lost touch. Which season are you hunting in. If possible get there a few days early to look the country over. I don't what stile of hunting you are going to do. Travel by roads to areas to hunt or by horseback. The area I hunted in it was by roads to an area to hunt and them walk. One thing that carried with me is. I travel the roads and watch for sign on elk crossing the roads going back to high country to bed down. Then tried to figure where they were heading and see if I could get in front of them and set up. It would generally take a day or so figure out what was going on. Elk change there routes, depending on what's going on, and pressure.
The one thing is I am looking at going back to Colo to hunt elk. Montana and the wolfs has taken them out along with poor management. GOOD LUCK AND A GOOD HUNTING!

Hunting 3rd season November 12 through 19th. We will arrive on the morning of November 9th after 16 hr drive to set up base camp. Scout 10-11th , drive roads and foot into hunting areas.

Myself that the better time to hunt. Be prepared for very cold weather. You could be looking at -20 to 50 degree weather. Every few years a heavy snow comes in. You probable need to have chains, or heavy lug tires. If you have a UTV that's enclosed that better. Watch where the elk are crossing the roads in the very early morning going back to bedding areas. See it you can cut there trails farther out and see where they are headed. Don't push them! If you bust them in there bedding area, during hunt season and kit them out. Hold up and hide. Give it about an hour. They will comeback to the area. You can smell them too. So if you smell them move very slowly, and may find them in there bed or there beds. The other is they bed down about 3/4 the way up on hill side. So you need to walk at about that level. You can use a cow call at times too.
I don't know what you are going to sleep in. If tent be ready for snow loads, trailer you'll need to run the heater all the time. so things don't get frozen up. Even that can be a problem.
Other items: Sleeping bag, you can add a second bag or blanket to add for warmth. You will need sorrel boots with an extra set of liners. or on the line.

5.56 ammo has come down some more. To about $0.50 per round. Only $0.20 to go. I don't know how many people are watching, but it's coming down slowly. The 5.56 ammo is a gauge for price of ammo out there to me.

I just came across 5.56 in 55gr FMJ PMC for $0.46 per round. It's moving down. Slowly, but coming down. That a hell of a lot better than $2.00 per round in 2021. I have a pistol that uses H-110. I don't need any, but the prices sure vary. From $230.00 to $289.00 for 8#. There a lot of high binders out there too with primers.

Recent Posts