Price of factory Ammo

I had my identity stolen in 2020.Some one using my name and social security number tried to buy a new car.The dealership called me to ask what kind of wheel covers I wanted.Then I got a letter in the mail from a bank saying they had approved my application for Covid relief in one letter and another had approved an online banking account in my name with 400.00 in the account.Montana Labor and Industries approve my application for expenses for being out of work.All fake.
Muddy you are right,we give away our identity every day.
I now have frozen my credit and have Lifelock and they help closing all fake accounts someone else set up in my name.
No one is immune to I D Theft,all be careful.
Old Rooster

A very long time ago there was a man and maybe still is, that we have the same name. I had one gal call me about not coming over. I hadn't been to long out of Vietnam. She raised hell with me for not calling her. I tried to explain, I didn't know her from apples or oranges. She stated my name, which was correct, She had looked up my or my farther name in the phone book. Anyway I got it straighten out. A couple of years later, I was going for a loan on a new car. They said my credit was bad. They finally got that turn around. Then about 10 years out from Nam, I got a phone, about not paying on a loan. They were going to take me to court and get my wages, and tie up my bank accounts. I told the collection agencies go ahead. I would love to own them. After a bit and done playing with them. They got a little concern why I was going to own them. they never called back. My credit rating are closed, unless I open them up. In the early 90's while I was gone on a Boy Scout Camping trip as there First Aid Persons, a person called my home, and told my boys he was coming over and kick my a**. They told him to come on. When I returned to my home. I noted a lot of firearms in different location. Everybody was gone at that time. I was wondering what the hell was going on. When they got back they told me. He never came over. From what I understand was I was messing with his wife. About 15 years ago my brother and I had parcel of property deed out from under us. The crooks sold it a couple of times. We filed a stop order on the property. We did have to go to court and prove it. They had stolen a notary stamp from somebody and forge our names. Police got them and away they went to jail again. Cost us about $15,000.00 for attorney fees at that time. I am sure the people that got suck into thinking they had purchase that parcel were even less happy. I can't be afraid of the dark, and I did walk through the valley of death. So I learn not to go looking for it, nor be afraid either. As a vet, I stay out of places as much as possible where there a lot of people around. That one of the reason I am moving to Montana. Less people and allowed to carry firearms, and it's legal too.
The one thing that will help you is shred anything that come to you asking to sign up for credit card, or anything of important that you are not going to use.

Mike it sounds like you were put through the ringer several times.Glad all is well now.
I have great credit and somehow folks found out and paid the price for information and I got stung.
The police said people actually pay for information on folks with good credit.Over credit score of 800 and the price is higher.
I would love to catch just one of them.People that do those sort of things have not felt enough pain yet.I told police I could help them on that level but they declined and would not even show me the pictures of the folks trying to buy a car in my name.They promised me the man would be caught but the woman kept her head covered and face shielded.
We live in a world very much unlike the old days where we never had a house with a lock on the door when I was a kid.Things are very different now.
I recently found out ccleaner has been hacked so many times that their product had spyware implanted by hackers and had to pay a company to clean house so I got rid of ccleaner.
I'm trying to stop all the leaks but my information is out there and can't be used unless I unfreeze my credit.
Everyone be careful.

That's for sure on lock on my credit info too. Email is kind of hard to stop somebody from using it. Where I lived, most people didn't lock there doors either. That was in California. Not now, but Montana we can carry if wanting too. I was glad to see the law get totally change out last year. Stopping of Counties or Cities from passing there own laws. Like Missoula did the year before, and went out the window. Being careful very true.

Our credit has been in lock down for 5+ years due to various medical groups not protecting the database from incursion. Our data is on dark web. Thank you very much!

I hear about it all the time. That's a bad one.
I note on write out of yours on the government. People have seem to lost what the government should be doing instead of what it's doing. I am amazed at and how the Constitution was put down from pen to paper. All the forethought those people had at that time and came up with. My hat off to them, and thanks to them. I lucky to live here.

Our credit has been in lock down for 5+ years due to various medical groups not protecting the database from incursion. Our data is on dark web. Thank you very much!
Same here. About 3 years ago I received a letter from BOA that they needed additional docs to approve a loan I had applied for. Problem is I never applied for a loan. Fortunately BOA needed more info because they suspected fraud and they were great at rectifying the situation. But I've had all 3 credit bureaus locked since then. And it only takes a couple minutes to unfreeze them if I need to.

Same here. About 3 years ago I received a letter from BOA that they needed additional docs to approve a loan I had applied for. Problem is I never applied for a loan. Fortunately BOA needed more info because they suspected fraud and they were great at rectifying the situation. But I've had all 3 credit bureaus locked since then. And it only takes a couple minutes to unfreeze them if I need to.
Yea but I'm scared to unlock mine for anything JonNBama.
A fellow unlocked his credit with all 3 reporting agency's for 2 days to refinance their house and it was enough time for someone to tag him.
The mortage company was so apologetic but the damage was very small,could have been worse.
The law treats thing like this as a small thing as jails and prisons are over filled as it is but letting a known hacker out of jail is a crime in itself.
What a world.

Well I looked at the net this morning and 5.56 is down to $0.53 for 55gr FMJ per 1000. Over the last week or so. It' coming down and most of the other Factory ammo is coming down. Hold your horses, and it will continue to come down. Another $0.20 per round drop it will back within reasonable prices. 5.7 x 28 is down to about $1.00 to under $0.50 now.

Just open up my emails. AmmoLand has Small Rifle Primers (2000) for $166.00. Boy what a deal. Ha! Ha!. That only $83.00 per brick. That's really about 3x over. To top it off they are on Sale.

Powder Valley had a huge ammo blowout sale(their words) mid January. I did not price 223 ammo, but 9mm blasting ammo was at 300.00 per case, or .30 per rd. Lowest I have seen in over a yr.
Milogic told me not to buy, it is coming down, I have 2nd guessed this decision at least 5 times in the last 1.5mos.
Since 2008 nothing returns to what we call normal till 9mm and 223 ammo are readily available.
This one seems different, as I don't recall primers ever being the first component available in the recovery.

Another sweepstakes that entry is complete identity waiting to be grabbed. Why do they need DOB? Only necessary IF you win and can be verified then. Heck, check box over 18! So now they have a database with name, DOB that is another potential risk to be hacked. I know, don't enter. Which is exactly what I don't do. Tough enough to guard you personal data. They are using a company Gleam IO:
Gleam.io - The Growth Marketing Platform Author Stuart McKeown Gleam is a marketing platform that helps you run campaigns that help users engage and promote your business.

So the data is not even on Brownells platform but 3rd party marketing company. This info will prob be sold to who knows where. Yep, I feel safe it being there.
Muddyboots knows about hacked identities 🤣.

In 2019 5.56 ammo was about $0.24 ec. in lots of 1000. The next year 2020 it moved up to $0.28ec round. 2021 it moved up to $2.00ec. Now it's in the $0.55ec for FMJ 55gr bullet @ about 3200fps. It's been coming done. You see some asking for $0.64 to $0.75 per round. The green tips are still in the $0.70ec area, but down from there highs. So in 19 it was $240 per th. and $280 in 2020. In 2021 it was $2,000.00 pre Th. I feel that once it get to somewhere around $0.33 per round, it's back into fair market price. That's how I gauge the price of ammo. Factory ammo is on the shelves in most places. I am even seeing 5.7 x 28mm coming down. 22TMC, and 17SWM I haven't seen any yet. Most all the other Ammo is dropping. 357 mag and 30-30 I haven't seen much of that either and or Higher than Hell if you come by some. As I have said before I watch for sales, and not at present day prices either. I know of one person that got 182,000 5.56. I don't know him personally, saw the transaction happen in a store. That's a hell of a lot of ammo for a rainy day.