Price Gougers

First off, I want to say, I like pretty much all of you......Well the person you portray yourself to be online anyway, I have never met any of you in person.😉
I don't feel targeted! I do think that when we converse online like this it's easier to "not like" someone because of something they typed......The reality is if we were all sitting around a fire at elk camp having this conversation I think we'd find we actually have pretty similar views.

I agree, do on to others, help each other, etc.......they are moral values which we fill anger when we see someone break those values. Like it or not, there are a lot of people who looked at ammo as a commodity, and money of the future......it looks like they were right. My biggest gripe with people complaining about gougers is this: At its heart, it IS capitalism, True supply and demand. Call it greed or whatever else you want but it's still capitalism and obviously many people planned to make money on it.... They looked at ammo and reloading stuff much different then you, to them it's something to buy and sell . Where do you draw the line?

Lumber prices are through the roof. Is the guy that saw this coming and bought a semi load of OSB at $6.00 a sheet that he can now sell at $30.00 a gouger? Some people are just happy to be able to get it.

Housing is in high demand, Californian movers that can afford to pay more for houses than local buyers, drove the price up......these local buyers had a rough year last year.....Is the seller a gouger to sell for the higher buyer?

What other style of government do you want? A free market is the best in the whole world, but we need to stay true to it, not pick and choose when we follow it.

As others said, Laugh it off or ignore them. They will put their efforts where it pays them best.

I hope I don't get banned for recommending this, but why don't you start "liking" thier post with the laughing emoji 🤣

First off, I want to say, I like pretty much all of you......Well the person you portray yourself to be online anyway, I have never met any of you in person.😉
I don't feel targeted! I do think that when we converse online like this it's easier to "not like" someone because of something they typed......The reality is if we were all sitting around a fire at elk camp having this conversation I think we'd find we actually have pretty similar views.

I agree, do on to others, help each other, etc.......they are moral values which we fill anger when we see someone break those values. Like it or not, there are a lot of people who looked at ammo as a commodity, and money of the future......it looks like they were right. My biggest gripe with people complaining about gougers is this: At its heart, it IS capitalism, True supply and demand. Call it greed or whatever else you want but it's still capitalism and obviously many people planned to make money on it.... They looked at ammo and reloading stuff much different then you, to them it's something to buy and sell . Where do you draw the line?

Lumber prices are through the roof. Is the guy that saw this coming and bought a semi load of OSB at $6.00 a sheet that he can now sell at $30.00 a gouger? Some people are just happy to be able to get it.

Housing is in high demand, Californian movers that can afford to pay more for houses than local buyers, drove the price up......these local buyers had a rough year last year.....Is the seller a gouger to sell for the higher buyer?

What other style of government do you want? A free market is the best in the whole world, but we need to stay true to it, not pick and choose when we follow it.

As others said, Laugh it off or ignore them. They will put their efforts where it pays them best.

I hope I don't get banned for recommending this, but why don't you start "liking" thier post with the laughing emoji 🤣
why don't you start "liking" thier post with the laughing emoji 🤣

I was thinking about something along that line myself

Suppose you're out in the desert with a large group of people. Everybody went there on the spur of the moment and finally realize that they have nothing to eat. Being better prepared and with more foresight than the others, despite being just a small kid, you brought along 5 loaves of bread and two fish. What do you think you could get for that with 5000 hungry bidders?

Suppose you're out in the desert with a large group of people. Everybody went there on the spur of the moment and finally realize that they have nothing to eat. Being better prepared and with more foresight than the others, despite being just a small kid, you brought along 5 loaves of bread and two fish. What do you think you could get for that with 5000 hungry bidders?
200.gif

And those that would sell under those conditions, would also sell now........those are morals though, and while I have them, there is separation from that and free market capitalism.......We do not tell others what to price their goods at in a free market......The market tells them. If there is surplus the price drops. I love our freedom and hope we never lose it, it can be hard to put all emotions aside and look at this as hard line American Capitalism which made our country what it is/was.

Here is a prime example of a "Family member",posted today

Last edited:
Probably turned into a sandwich! 😁

What if they had no money, you gonna let them starve to death?
You can drum up any scenario you want to justify the means.

Nothing is what I would get, I'd feed every last one of them

And I suppose that the 5,000 "spur of the moment" desert dwellers all have pockets full of cash. And exactly what would the bread seller do with all that cash in a desert? He probably couldn't buy a drop of water.

I'm at a loss to see how this story relates to the original post. Could you connect the dots for me? LOL

I don't Jesus Christ himself is handing out primers or Reloader 26 powder, and this is not sermon on the mount. But I get the reference.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts