Price Gougers

Gouging is total BS. And it just bothers me to see it here. Gouging is happening on a commercial basis and that's what makes it really bad. It's no secret that the same people repeatedly obtain items that are hard for us to find and then sell them at exorbitant prices. Gouging ammo and reloading components has literally become a business that hurts us all.

IMO (and that's just one guy) there should be parameters set that strongly discourage gouging on this site. Most of those who do this have low post counts and aren't active members IMO. Classified ads could be limited too. Maybe after a few casual sales you should pay Len a fee to support the site operations. Some people sell here to avoid Gunbroker fees.

One thing I did notice, you rarely see a regular LRH posting member taking advantage of another member.

That's just my 2 cents and it's probably worth what you paid.
totally agree with you. this was discussed over a year ago when members started complaining when you hit new posts 75% of the spots were for sale adds and it went on for pages with people posting up 10 items or more and nothing was done

Lol, who exactly is the "Problem" here, buyers or sellers?
States out west here are being caiiforiaized by the week. People want to ask their neighbors Why, but the extra million or more on top of the exorbitant asking price answers the question.
Both as far as I'm concerned Milo.
Let's be real, if you need enough to just developed a load and load a few rounds for hunting season should take much.
I shoot some years 3,000 at sage rats so I go through some stuff. If I have to I will cut back plain and simple.

Both as far as I'm concerned Milo.
Let's be real, if you need enough to just developed a load and load a few rounds for hunting season should take much.
I shoot some years 3,000 at sage rats so I go through some stuff. If I have to I will cut back plain and simple.
I did not mean to call you out here, I loathe both sides of this crap too. With you also on, just quit, now.
I have helped some people out since last summer, but I am close to my ceiling as to what can go.
Now decisions are needed as to who will you help. I got my brother in law into LR shooting last Sept, not the opportune time, and I am the supplier of components other than brass and bullets. He immediately claimed a 2nd rifle was in order, I had to tell him to revisit that thought.

Here's sumin else to chew on......many of the sellers (NOT all)......have supported Len more then many of us, by becoming paying members. That IS one reason I have a hard time complaining about what happens or is allowed.

Here's sumin else to chew on......many of the sellers (NOT all)......have supported Len more then many of us, by becoming paying members. That IS one reason I have a hard time complaining about what happens or is allowed.
To me it's really simple, there are two things, Right and Wrong, nothing in between, Do unto others

[h3][/h3]Gouging normally refers to life saving items. Water, medicine, gasoline,food

Definition of gouge

(Entry 1 of 2)
1: a chisel with a concavo-convex cross section
2a: the act of gouging
b: a groove or cavity scooped out
3: an excessive or improper charge for something : EXTORTION

Nowhere does it refer to life saving items,When your trying to make a profit off of like minded people who for the most part treat each other like family, call it gouging, good business or what ever else you want, it's wrong, I don't know how folks sleep at night and I have added you to my list, Have a good day
I'm on you list for what?
Sharing an alternate view for the sake of conversation.

It's an alternate view.
It's not my personal view.
I despise high prices as well.

I'm on enough lists of liberal Dems. I don't need conservatives putting my on their list as well.

I'm on you list for what?
Sharing an alternate view for the sake of conversation.

It's an alternate view.
It's not my personal view.
I despise high prices as well.

I'm on enough lists of liberal Dems. I don't need conservatives putting my on their list as well.
If it's not your personal view why did you even bother to post

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.