Press Stand??

blygy, If your looking for a mobile range use, here's the set up I came up with. A pic of the board that the scale, trickler, and powder thrower mount to.
ea07323c.jpg

Here's the same board with everything on it. Notice the adjustable rubber feet on the bottom of the board, since I usually load on the tailgate of the truck this helps like hell when the truck isn't parked perfectly level. Also the case holder/loading block on the back left of the board is a nice extra.
ea072c9b.jpg

Here is a pic of the press stand, it's made of 2" square tubing just like a trailer hitch. Just slides in and gets pinned just like a regular hitch, chains hook up just like safety chains on any trailer, couple of turns on the turnbuckles and it tightens right up. You can move the truck on it suspension but you can't move the stand.
ea072728.jpg

Same stand from the top, top plate is 3/16" thick and threaded for the mounting bolts, all in all a pretty solid setup.
ea072060.jpg

Chris

blygy, If your looking for a mobile range use, here's the set up I came up with. A pic of the board that the scale, trickler, and powder thrower mount to.
ea07323c.jpg

Here's the same board with everything on it. Notice the adjustable rubber feet on the bottom of the board, since I usually load on the tailgate of the truck this helps like hell when the truck isn't parked perfectly level. Also the case holder/loading block on the back left of the board is a nice extra.
ea072c9b.jpg

Here is a pic of the press stand, it's made of 2" square tubing just like a trailer hitch. Just slides in and gets pinned just like a regular hitch, chains hook up just like safety chains on any trailer, couple of turns on the turnbuckles and it tightens right up. You can move the truck on it suspension but you can't move the stand.
ea072728.jpg

Same stand from the top, top plate is 3/16" thick and threaded for the mounting bolts, all in all a pretty solid setup.
ea072060.jpg

Chris

Chris, nice set up.

I just may break out the welder today

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.