Press?

DELETED" Arguing with Lee press owners is like arguing with a drunk...They are always right and you cant win.

Nothing personal but facts trump mistaken opinion, every time. I hadn't thought of it as a "win" or "lose" thing, it isn't a contest to see who can yell the loudest, You can believe whatever you wish but to "win" would reqire others to deny their personal experience in favor of your belief; that's not likely to happen.

Again, kindly note that I'm a Rock Chucker II owner/user, it's a green thing with a black ball handle that's almost as good as my friend's Classic Cast. ??

Offer the guy 50 bucks. As far as presses I think the quality of dies matter more than the press. This from a guy checking his porch every day waiting on his Forster C0-Ax. using a Hornady press now with great results.

As far as lee, the Colet dies work very well, and the Lee Perfect Powder measure is the best 20 bucks you can spend. I have the Hornady Auto powder measure which has been very good BTW but keep the lee on stand by.

IMO most any press well get you loading sub MOA ammo spending the extra coin gets you 1/2 MOA or better.

DELETED" Arguing with Lee press owners is like arguing with a drunk...They are always right and you cant win.

Nothing personal but facts trump mistaken opinion, every time. I hadn't thought of it as a "win" or "lose" thing, it isn't a contest to see who can yell the loudest, You can believe whatever you wish but to "win" would reqire others to deny their personal experience in favor of your belief; that's not likely to happen.

Again, kindly note that I'm a Rock Chucker II owner/user, it's a green thing with a black ball handle that's almost as good as my friend's Classic Cast. ??

And I have a small Lee press...what does that prove? Not a damm thing!
I dont "believe" most anything...I have to see it and experience it and then can state its FACT ! You have never seen me state that RCBS presses...especially the RockChucker are PERFECT...not by a long shot. As even you mentioned the primer catcher is worse than a joke. 6 monkeys with a paper and pencil could work out a better scheme...but one poor idea implemented into a press doesnt equate to total junk....in either brand...but overall the RCBS Rockchucker beats any of the Lee presses hands down......its as simple as that.

Im out..its not worth the posting if you dont know what is close to a quality product

And I have a small Lee press...what does that prove? Not a damm thing!
I dont "believe" most anything...I have to see it and experience it and then can state its FACT ! You have never seen me state that RCBS presses...especially the RockChucker are PERFECT...not by a long shot. As even you mentioned the primer catcher is worse than a joke. 6 monkeys with a paper and pencil could work out a better scheme...but one poor idea implemented into a press doesnt equate to total junk....in either brand...but overall the RCBS Rockchucker beats any of the Lee presses hands down......its as simple as that.

Im out..its not worth the posting if you dont know what is close to a quality product
WOW! Does it matter that much? I mean my lord. Stop the car and let me out. And I do use Lee products and have had great results. Oh. I am buzzing now , not drunk yet. And Not reloading. TO MUCH DANGER. Give me another drink I'll argue with ya. :D

+10 on the $50

As far as brand loyalty goes, they've all got their stuff that sets the standard, they've all got stuff that leaves something to be desired. So I'm not personally loyal to any one brand, just what gives either A. the best value for function or what gives the best function period, all depends on what that piece of equip has to offer. That being said there are some very good single stage presses out there, but for myself and my requirements as long as it doesn't flex and offers the stability of a cast press I went with best value for the dollar knowing first hand what other presses offer.lightbulb:D

"..but for myself and my requirements as long as it doesn't flex and offers the stability of a cast press"

Joe, your observation on individual tools is intelligent. What most think - wrongly - is that Lee's cast alum alloy presses flex much more than cast iron. Alum sure doesn't have the total massive strength of iron but, within it's limits, I've found that hard alum is MORE rigid than iron! I learned that some years ago when I first set up my home shop for some hobby machine work and obtained the needed dial indicator and magnetic base that made it possible to compare my "Rock Chucker" and a couple of Lee's tiny C presses, their "Reloader."

I checked press deflection with the same FL die and same box of once fired .30-06 cases carefully sized to the same shoulder lengths. Much to my surprise neither of the little Lee's moved the 1 thou reading dial indicator enough to measure but the RC lifted almost 3 thou! Now even that isn't much but it IS vastly more than the alum alloy presses flexed. So, every time I see someone's off-the-wall comment about how rigid iron presses are or how Lee presses are 'junk' I have to step in with some actual knowledge rather than specious opinion.

No honest person could read what I've posted on this thread and say I feel my RC press is junk NOR that Lee's presses are perfect. But honesty doesn't make for very interesting writing, does it? :rolleyes:

"..but for myself and my requirements as long as it doesn't flex and offers the stability of a cast press"

Joe, your observation on individual tools is intelligent. What most think - wrongly - is that Lee's cast alum alloy presses flex much more than cast iron. Alum sure doesn't have the total massive strength of iron but, within it's limits, I've found that hard alum is MORE rigid than iron! I learned that some years ago when I first set up my home shop for some hobby machine work and obtained the needed dial indicator and magnetic base that made it possible to compare my "Rock Chucker" and a couple of Lee's tiny C presses, their "Reloader."

I checked press deflection with the same FL die and same box of once fired .30-06 cases carefully sized to the same shoulder lengths. Much to my surprise neither of the little Lee's moved the 1 thou reading dial indicator enough to measure but the RC lifted almost 3 thou! Now even that isn't much but it IS vastly more than the alum alloy presses flexed. So, every time I see someone's off-the-wall comment about how rigid iron presses are or how Lee presses are 'junk' I have to step in with some actual knowledge rather than specious opinion.

No honest person could read what I've posted on this thread and say I feel my RC press is junk NOR that Lee's presses are perfect. But honesty doesn't make for very interesting writing, does it? :rolleyes:
At the end of the day people should buy what ever they think will make them happy. But practice behind the rifle and on the bench shrinks the groups the most.

Last edited:
"At the end of the day people should by what ever they think will make them happy. But practice behind the rifle and on the bench shrinks the groups the most."

Roger THAT! And few would understand it better than a Marine!!

Point of fact, nothing we use has less influence on groups than the press, all it does is push the cases into a die and pulls it back out; we can do that with any press in the market.

(Thanks for your service.)

At the end of the day people should by what ever they think will make them happy. But practice behind the rifle and on the bench shrinks the groups the most.
I read you 5x5. message recieved an uderstood. I agree 100%. B.R.A.S.S. this allways works.

"At the end of the day people should by what ever they think will make them happy. But practice behind the rifle and on the bench shrinks the groups the most."

Roger THAT! And few would understand it better than a Marine!!

Point of fact, nothing we use has less influence on groups than the press, all it does is push the cases into a die and pulls it back out; we can do that with any press in the market.

(Thanks for your service.)

I read you 5x5. message recieved an uderstood. I agree 100%. B.R.A.S.S. this allways works.
Thanks guys.

I started out with a Hornady LNL loading kit. Still have and use most of it. Cant wait for the Forster. 1 So I can have two presses. 2. because it's awesome, smooth running machine made in the US. I love the primer system, the S jaws quickness you can change dies.

To that end I got to get downstairs and load up some ammo for the afternoon. Gotta finish up my OCW load development so I can get out and scare the hell out of that 1760 yard target at thunder valley.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.