Press?

What is better than the Dillon.

Not doubting your opinion just interested in it.

I just sold my 550B because I dont think they are as accurate as a single stage per individual cartridge....but as Progressive presses goes...Dillon tops them all. And has customer service to beat the band to back up their products

I just sold my 550B because I dont think they are as accurate as a single stage per individual cartridge....but as Progressive presses goes...Dillon tops them all. And has customer service to beat the band to back up their products

I agree. Though for pistol or say at15 fodder a progressive is the way to go. Wish I could afford a 550b to load up for my mini14 and pistols

What is better than the Dillon.

Not doubting your opinion just interested in it.

Posenes Warren (sp), and one other (maybe a Starr). The latter I can picture in my head, but can't remember the actual brand name. Both were hydraulic operated, and when aligned correctly really spit out nice ammo. But you also could buy several Dillons for that kind of money. I would love to have a P&W shot shell loader (they work in a very similar way). It's the only press better than a MEC. Know somebody that has both of them (P&W's), but would let them go for his life.
gary

I agree. Though for pistol or say at15 fodder a progressive is the way to go. Wish I could afford a 550b to load up for my mini14 and pistols

I have several friends that got on that band wagon, and only two kept them. But one also shot in hand gun meets almost entirely (PPC and bowling pin shoots). The other guy just could not be convinced that he could do better no matter what he had. Now I got to go thru this same scenero again with a guy at my VFW post (we are organizing a monthly shooting affair)
gary

I know where you comming from. An AR can be made to shoot very accurately, and will benifit from better ammo. Have not messed around with a Mini 14 in many years, and that's a different story. Plus I can spit out a hundred rounds pretty quickly in a single stage if and when I get organized. For me it takes longer to prime and dump powder than anything else. I can seat a bullet in about 30 seconds. But I also never get into too much of a hurry anyway.
gary

Posenes Warren (sp), and one other (maybe a Starr). The latter I can picture in my head, but can't remember the actual brand name. Both were hydraulic operated, and when aligned correctly really spit out nice ammo. But you also could buy several Dillons for that kind of money. I would love to have a P&W shot shell loader (they work in a very similar way). It's the only press better than a MEC. Know somebody that has both of them (P&W's), but would let them go for his life.
gary

I have several friends that got on that band wagon, and only two kept them. But one also shot in hand gun meets almost entirely (PPC and bowling pin shoots). The other guy just could not be convinced that he could do better no matter what he had. Now I got to go thru this same scenero again with a guy at my VFW post (we are organizing a monthly shooting affair)
gary

I know where you comming from. An AR can be made to shoot very accurately, and will benifit from better ammo. Have not messed around with a Mini 14 in many years, and that's a different story. Plus I can spit out a hundred rounds pretty quickly in a single stage if and when I get organized. For me it takes longer to prime and dump powder than anything else. I can seat a bullet in about 30 seconds. But I also never get into too much of a hurry anyway.
gary
A progressive press is at least a couple years off for sure. And in all honesty it will likely be a Lee ammo master unless my financial situation improves a good bit.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.