Premium 22LR Rifles

Browning has released many variants of the maple TBolt over the years - with many being "Shot Show Specials".

In 2023 (as Shot Shot Specials) they released a sporter version with AAAA maple, as well as a threaded target barrel version in AAA maple. Both limited to 22LR.

There are quite a few on GB still and are priced between $750-$800. Both the sporter and the target are showing.

Link to maple Browning TBolts on GunBroker

Here is the pair that I managed to snag (sporter on top, target on the bottom):
IMG-9598.jpg

IMG-9600.jpg

Last edited:
I know they do a 17 HMR but now sure about the WSM. Give them a call and see.
Appreciate that. We're getting ready to build the wife a house anyway, so, 17WSM's and such critters are on hold for a bit anyway lol, but I'm definitely going to keep that in the back of my mind.

Hey guys, I've been thinking about getting a really nice 22LR rifle in the future. My budget is preferably $1500 and under. Since building custom rifles for myself, I've had the urge to buy a high quality 22LR. My Uncle has a Kimber 82 with a fluted barrel and beautiful walnut stock and that rifle is what got me wanting a nice rimfire for myself. Having said that, it doesn't seem that Kimber makes their rimfire rifles anymore and the same with Ruger's 77/22, that I also like. I don't know much about rimfires and if the Kimbers and 77/22 Rugers were accurate and reliable. For those with experience owning, shooting, and handling the Kimber 82s and Ruger 77/22s give me your thoughts and opinions on those rifles please. Also, what other premium rimfires would you recommend in my price range? I see that Cooper makes a beautiful 22LR, but the price tag is a little more than I'd like to spend on a rimfire, but other than Cooper, I don't see many classic, higher end rimfires currently available. Thank you!
Hi, I had 2 good .22s. my favorite was a Ruger .22magnum model 77 bolt. titled 7722 mag. varmint stainless laminint. 7722mvstl so to speak. 1"groups @ 100yrs or less. 24" barrel it was great fun to shoot squirrel Jan-Feb.

Browning has released many variants of the maple TBolt over the years - with many being "Shot Show Specials".

In 2023 (as Shot Shot Specials) they released a sporter version with AAAA maple, as well as a threaded target barrel version in AAA maple. Both limited to 22LR.

There are quite a few on GB still and are priced between $750-$800. Both the sporter and the target are showing.

Link to maple Browning TBolts on GunBroker

Here is the pair that I managed to snag (sporter on top, target on the bottom):
View attachment 536498

View attachment 536499
Are these LH models? I'm having a hard time telling if they are. I've been looking for LH 22 bolt also.

I would say I agree. Ammo brand is key to one hole.

I made the mistake of running low on my preferred ammo for my Tikka T1X prior to my last NRL22 match.

I had to grab what was available. I ended up with Eley Target instead of Eley Tenex.

It is not ammo brand but what the rifle prefers.

The key is consistency or flyers. You might be OK with something like CCI SV and have a few good groups but you will have more flyers or outliers with non match sorted ammo.

Are these LH models? I'm having a hard time telling if they are. I've been looking for LH 22 bolt also.

No Sir, they are both right handed (I should have put the bolts in when taking the pictures). The opening on the left side of the rifle is for the round lug to come through when the bolt is fully closed.

I know Browning has made the TBolt in a left handed configuration before, I'm just not sure if they are actively making one.

Recent Posts