Predator Custom Shop Opinions

Death Ray 7

I was just wondering if anybody has had any work done with Predator Custom Shop out of Knoxville, TN?

I'm looking at the M24A3 copy they do (based on Remington's Tactical Model 700 .338 Lapua)..

I'm specifically looking at using Black Hills Factory 300gr SMK as opposed to having to handload for the .338 Edge or any of the Allen Mag's. I realize I'll be giving up accuracy and performance to both cartridges, but the convenience of factory ammo for practice is hard to pass up.

Opinions good and bad would be appreciated, as well as suggestions for other gunsmiths and other platforms from which to base my project.

I have no experience with Predator Custom Shop but after looking at their website it looks as if all they are doing is reworking Rem 700's

I had NesikaChad build me a 338 Ackley improved a few years ago on a Remington action.
I have had no problems with it whatsoever other than the fact that it kills the wallet to shoot it.
The gun is ready to be rebarreled so next R&R it gets shipped back to Chad for a new pipe.

So if you are looking for a good smith I can recommend NesikaChad.

I currently have 3 of his guns and I as soon as I am home I will be placing an order for two more.

We have had quite a few predator customs ar's and rifles come through the store and all of them have been shooters..

I realize I'll be giving up accuracy and performance to both cartridges, but the convenience of factory ammo for practice is hard to pass up.

The question is though, at what price?

I think you will find purchasing 338 factory ammo will be cost prohibitive, especially for any practice. Buying a 200 rounds, and you could buy the equipment to load yourself, even from a simple apartment setup.

BH

i own a m24a3 that predator custom shop built.. @ 500 yards it groops about an inch with a shepherd scope ive shot about 27 rnds so far thru it factory ammo just keeps on getting more expensive ..ive used it to shoot a hog @ 436 yards headshot and an axis deer only @ 198 yards headshot also. this rifle built from predator custom shop is accurate
for what i do ..i laso got a 30-06 built with them its another accurate rifle ..they do good work..gun)

emani1-

Thanks for the info. Things have changed slightly for what I'm trying to do. I'm still going to do this project, just not right now.

Thanks for everybody's help.

Anyone looking for a 308 predator. We have two customs in the store right now!! Two .308's one Rem. 700 on a A2 and a Savage build. Both are shooters..

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.