Stiller Predator Action

Dskiper

Are they that good? Clones of Rem.700s?Any opinions or experience with them?Where do you buy one?Any web site?Thank you for any info! Dskiper

Its a far smarter rout to go than buying and building up a Rem 700 , it may still cost a wee bit more but the resale value is double.

As far as the quality , they are said to be great actions needing no work

Stiller Actions vs Remington

There is no comparison between a Stiller custom action and a Stock Remington 700. Jerry and Curtis produce as fine a action that can be produced by CNC machinery. I have held them in my hands and have built rifles on Jerrys actions.

Kelby, Stiller, Borden, and Surgeon all make high quality actions.

Rustystud

I have built 2 rifles on Stiller Predator actions. I was very impressed with the fit and finish, they were perfect. All machine work was crisp and clean. When I set back the chamber on one of them I put the action in the truing jig and dialed it in to .0003. When I measured the face of the action it was .0003, which means it was about as good as it gets. I did not single point re cut the threads but I did line up the cutter and chased the threads and they were also very true. Very nice actions.

My Smith is building a Warbird on a TAC 338 action wich is the Predator action with an oversized bolt handle and black. I have played with the action and it is well worth it. For the price of a 700 with all the bells and whistles done to it you can have one of these.

stiller is the top custom action builder that I can think of as far as quality and customer service. Remember, just because it is custom doesn't mean it is immune from needing a little tune-up work by a competent smith. Re-sale value is one of the BIG plus factors to them.
Isaac

Which is the best custom action maker for you guys?

I'm new, and I wanted to know if a Stiller custom Action is better than Rem 700 Long Action for long range shooting.

(I'm Building a .300 RUM rifle)

Stiller is one to consider---I have many of them. If you want a comp of the Remmy vs the Stiller then that is a no brainer esp for resale....

I too am planning a new rifle build. As far as actions are concerned I am between a Stiller Tactical 300, a Defiance Rebel action or the Surgeon 591 action. They are all amazing and it makes it very hard to choose. As far as Stiller vs Remington action. The Remington can't compare.

Cheers

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts