Pre 64 win stock needed

ozzy4545

I have a beautiful pre 64 win 30-06 barreled action and I am looking for a stock for it. I have had no luck so far, can anyone point me in the right direction? Thank you in advance and for taking the time to read this.

Can't afford a nice one, so I bought a pre-64 in 30-06 that needs everything. Tried to get some one to make a stock out of a Myrtle tree cut down in my yard but apparently that is "sack religious" or some thing. Hate hearing I have to make it out of walnut so I built a carver.
I know this doesn't help point you in the right direction, but like yourself, it all started from looking to restock a Winchester pre-64 with nice beautiful wood, and maybe ad a couple inches to the length.
Anyway, don't get carried away like I did!

Attachments

• carver 001.JPG
    carver 001.JPG
    208.7 KB · Views: 69
Can't afford a nice one, so I bought a pre-64 in 30-06 that needs everything. Tried to get some one to make a stock out of a Myrtle tree cut down in my yard but apparently that is "sack religious" or some thing. Hate hearing I have to make it out of walnut so I built a carver.
I know this doesn't help point you in the right direction, but like yourself, it all started from looking to restock a Winchester pre-64 with nice beautiful wood, and maybe ad a couple inches to the length.
Anyway, don't get carried away like I did!
Thank you for the insight.

While making lunch I remembered the guy I bought all my small parts like bottom metal ,correct screws, and some thing else from him but he was really intelligent and nice to talk to about putting Winchester 70 pre-64's back together correctly. He is "tdail3" on ebay. Can't believe I remembered that!
He can still be contacted on ebay so you might send a email and just ask if he has any stocks.

Did you find a stock?
In 2 weeks there will be myrtle wood going in the carver for pre-64 stocks. Want to compare a modern 70 feather weight in 308 showing up late next week, I hope, to the old ones.

I have a 30-06 and a 264 wm for right handed pre-64. 2 carved at a time and I only need one each, its just that the machine works a lot smoother with both motors running.
I'm old and slow, this is just a hobby for me! If your not in a rush I will show you what is made and it will be myrtle wood.

What length do you want, what kind of drops do you need?

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.