Differance in pre64 and post 64 Winchesters?

James Jones

I know the differance in the bolts but is their a differance in the shape of the actions. I'm wondering because some companys state that they make parts for both and others don't.
I ask because I'm looking to get a floor plate and trigger guard for a Post 64 and was wondering if the pre 64 parts would fit ie mag box floor plate and such?
anybody out their have any idea

I know the differance in the bolts but is their a differance in the shape of the actions. I'm wondering because some companys state that they make parts for both and others don't.
I ask because I'm looking to get a floor plate and trigger guard for a Post 64 and was wondering if the pre 64 parts would fit ie mag box floor plate and such?
anybody out their have any idea

I'm not familiar with the post 64 Mdl. 70's so don't know if parts are interchangeable but would doubt it. Here is a link to a company who carry parts for both and could probably answer your question.

main without header or links

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.