M70 (post 64) build, opinons would be appreciated.

the best option is a combination of the two. QUOTE]

I agree. In today's world, I would always prefer a combo glass and pillar bed. Many people only glass bed very good fiberglass stocks (McMillan) which can resist a lot of crushing torque from actions screws. There are untold numbers of wood stocks out there that were only glass bedded, and shot very well. Thankfully, we now have the knowledge and ability to commonly do both, and we have better foundations as a result.

For Epee, knowing you want to preserve as much of the original flavor of the rifle as possible, I would still glass and pillar. Invisible to the eye, and will provide years of service.

I called the gunsmith, and he said no problem, and stated he was going to pillar and glass.

I also told him to glass and pillar my CZ 452 varmint into a Klinksy stock. Thank you everyone for all your help. I have learned a lot since following this forum. Who says old dogs can't learn new tricks.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.