Prayers please.

In our Prayers!

Good sign, God did not want him at this time, still more work to do!

I had a similar thing happen to me, the right-hand track of the jeep trail caved into a landslide. Cliff was steep, but somehow I got the horse turned where he could stumble and slide down the rock slide going forward, sliding on his butt. If he had gone sideways, I would probably have been killed on the spot. I was ok, horse got his hock cut really bad and tried to give up and lay down from the stress and shock. My wife's big gelding would run his chest into his butt every time he stopped, and he was sweating profusely. The vet was called and met us at the trailhead.

There had been a lot of rain that Spring, dirt was saturated and soft.

We were spared death that day, and we Praise God for his protection, as it was nothing short of a miracle. We were pre-riding an unknown trail to an old Silver mining camp for a big group.

Update - My father in law (David) is in Salt lake, Utah at the University hospital now. They found another broken vertebrae in his neck, so his C5 and C6 are both broke, one of which caused the damage in an artery and has a blood clot, they are using blood thinners to attempt to dissolve it slowly without breaking it loose and causing a stroke. In addition they found another broken vertebrae in his lower back. His pelvis is broken, but stable. His head is stitched up and being monitored for infection. His knee is sore, but seems like it will be alright. The main thing now is making sure he is watched closely in case the clot breaks loose, and keeping the three broken vertebrae stable so they don't cause further damage. He will be in the hospital for at least several more days.

Thank you everyone.