Please keep my son in your prayers ...

I know where you are coming from Ed, I too have a son serving over there....again.

May GOD watch over yours and my son and every other soldier who willingly puts their life in danger for this great country.

Mike

Amen to that!

Got an update from my son last night that he finally made it safely in his theater of operation.

Thanks again to all.

V/R

Ed

just got one back home from Afghanistan a couple weeks ago, and sent a grandson about a six weeks back. Now I got a newly minted Ranger getting ready for his first combat tour. I know how your feeling, and my thoughts are with you and him.
gary

our thought and prayers go out to your military family and All United States Military!! God Bless Our Troops!!!!

My son just logged his 1st week of sorties successfully and we got a first goodies request from home.

Apparently, jerky is a hot commodity where he is at so the wife is mailing a package today. :D

Thanks again!

Ed

My son just logged his 1st week of sorties successfully and we got a first goodies request from home.

Apparently, jerky is a hot commodity where he is at so the wife is mailing a package today. :D

Thanks again!

Ed

I would recommend sending him a couple new pairs of white tube socks with every care package, and a couple tee shirts. At first he won't understand why, but after four months he'll be glad he got them. We always send a small hand full of cigars (half dozen) wrapped up in the socks. If they don't smoke them, they'll pass them around and the end user will be more than happy.

My son inlaw and grandson asked me what I should forward to in the combat zone. I told them to buy a couple pairs of hemostats, and gun cleaning stuff as the REMF's would bogart that stuff. I gave both of them a Leatherman multi tool (the small one that has the hex drive adapters). Wrap all this stuff up in a sock.
gary

P.S. my Mom sent me four packages of Slim Jims. I gave away three of them and ate the fourth one in 125 degree heat. I was sick for about a week! Now I can't stand to even look at them on a store counter<g?!

I would recommend sending him a couple new pairs of white tube socks with every care package, and a couple tee shirts. At first he won't understand why, but after four months he'll be glad he got them. We always send a small hand full of cigars (half dozen) wrapped up in the socks. If they don't smoke them, they'll pass them around and the end user will be more than happy.

Gary,

Sadly, I know nothing about cigars. Luckily, he got that covered as his unit and GF will be sending them. His hookah contraption is also being mailed. Apparently, it's a new tradition or something like that. :D

All,

Thanks again.

Ed

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.