Prayers for those in CT

At what point does bullet proof clothing become dress code at schools and all public locations? At what point do parents take turns standing guard at the door of every classroom, with the appropriate accessories? Something has to be done and it is not gun control which will only limit the good people! Prayers to all the people who have suffered these tragedies and prayers to those that sadly will meet these tragedies

Prayers sent for these families . I couldnt imagine this happening to one of my children. It truly is heart breaking .

I think every school in every state should be allowed to have ARMED teachers at the minimum and if the state can afford it then policemen at every school . If every teacher had a firearm on their person and this happened it wouldnt take long and they could shoot the coward . After a few examples it just might stop this from happening in the future. These people nearly every case turn the gun on themselves they do as much damage as possible then commit suicide. (cowards) The bible speaks and warns to not mess or harm little children . They may think that they have gotten away with it but judgment day is coming !!!

Prayers go out to all victims and families. Also I pray that the good lord will look over our schools in the future. Even if he is not allowed in public schools anymore. Amen

Jeff

I go to a Catholic school and in the middle of class the whole school said a prayer for the victims and their families over the intercom. It is tragic that this coward took the lives of 27 innocent people. Prayers to the victims, their families, and all the people who lost a friend.

Riley

I go to a Catholic school and in the middle of class the whole school said a prayer for the victims and their families over the intercom. It is tragic that this coward took the lives of 27 innocent people. Prayers to the victims, their families, and all the people who lost a friend.

Riley

that's good. It's nice that there are at least some schools where prayer has not been prohibited...

Prayers go out to all victims and families. Also I pray that the good lord will look over our schools in the future. Even if he is not allowed in public schools anymore. Amen

Jeff

"Even if he is not allowed in public schools anymore." This is where it all started ! Think back when the Bible was read in school and prayer was held each day before class . How many shootings did we have then ???
My next point want be popular but it is worth taking a look at .
Research the materials that these killers are viewing and you'll find violent video games and violent movies . Notice a pattern ? It does matter what you see and hear . It matters what people dwell on . A long time ago you wouldnt imagine this kind of violence a long time ago you wouldnt image these kind of video games on the market today .

I'll stop now ..

The problem is, all this will be interpreted by the media as fuel to remove firearms from the public.

It's all bad for us as lawful owners of firearms, plain and simple.

The whole thing is very sad and likely preventable.

As a Christian, my heart is heavy for the victims and their families.

Prayers sent.........For what there worth from a atheist or agnostic or whatever you want to call me.................... Mental health or gun control, these always lead to a discussion about the wrong problems..........The malls, the schools, theater or the office, as horrific as these things are the only real meaningful action to deter or handle them is a society of individuals that take responsibility. I could not live with myself if I had a class of little kids looking to me as he came down the hall and I was unable to even try to defend them. It is my opinion that everyone has a responsibility to there environment. Until society acknowledges that and more good people arm themselves against evil there is nothing that can be done for them except pray. Sometimes there is no history to warn us or law to protect us, Eternal vigilance is and always has bean the only answer.

First, thoughts and prayers for everyone touched by this senselessness. This happened about 75 miles east of me and I have some family very near there. So this 'is' close to home.

Broz mentioned it but there is more than prayer no longer allowed in the classroom. Responsibility is no longer taught nor is it expected by many. Today it's all about "me." I'm in my 50's. I have not heard about a civics class in school, at any level since some of the old timers talked about it years ago. Those old timers, WWII and Korea vets, are all gone now.

BigBuck mentioned movies and video games. All I want to know is HOW is the content of those images and depictions NOT having an effect on those who immerse themselves in World of Warcraft.

Now what I really wanted to say concerns the media. All of it. The 1st & 2nd amendments are unique in that they define rights that allow us to engage in an activity without interference from the government. At least that was the original intent. Here, we all should be familiar with the 2nd. Essentially, we the civic minded owners of arms know and understand the personal responsibility of ownership and use. And if one should act irresponsibly, one loses the right.

A client of mine who teaches psychology at an advanced level has referred to the media as "Social Terrorists." Here is her reasoning in a nutshell. Beginning immediately after 9/11, "the media beat the violence of the day and the wars in Iraq and Afganistan, to a froth." you couldn't turn on the Radio and particularly the TV without having every nuance of the day's events dissected repeatedly. She is convinced that a generation of kids, now adults or approaching adulthood, have been numbed into thinking this way of life is the norm. Remember world of warcraft earlier? They haven't been bombed or shot at but the pictures of such no longer have any shock factor hence the term, "Social Terrorists."

I don't know about other parts of the country but tonight, the news of the day was being reported, analyzed, editorialized, dissected, dramatic questions asked, dramatic questions asked as answers to the previous questions, all of the previous was constantly interrupted by some news 'flash' from the next somebody with something to say and then repeated. Some of what was reported earlier in the day has now been shown to be false. All manner of public figures have been interviewed with their take on how to prevent a future occurance. Some elected officials interviewed stated they had bills already prepared for introduction and it goes on and on.

Would someone please explain to me when and where responsible reporting of news starts and ends. And where irresponsible 'reporting' begins? They are apparently at liberty to report as they please with no fear of consequences. To me, this makes them the American Taliban. Their behavior and thinking is almost identical to the Afgan Taliban. Why are they not accountable for their capriciousness? As an individual, what would happen if one were to falsely yell fire in a public place? Where is that accountability for the media?

Len, I don't know if I've stretched the rules of LRH with my post tonight. If this post falls outside the rules, please remove it and accept my apology.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.