Praise and Thanks to Chase Curtis!!!!

Black Sheep

Back in October, I bought a custom 338 edge from Chase Curtis here on the classifieds. I recently took it to Grit at Deadly Precision Gunsmithing to put on a Wyatt's mag box. He noticed that the recoil lug was a factory one, and that it was not ideal for an Edge. When he spun the barrel off, this is what he saw.... image.jpg
Needless to say, whoever the guy was who cut this tenon didn't exactly do a 'professional' job. :rolleyes: I contacted Chase, and even though it had been 5 months since the sale, he graciously offered to pay for a new barrel, and the labor to thread and chamber it! :D Grit is going to send the old barrel back to Chase so he can have what I'm sure will be a very pointed discussion with the builder!
We all tend to complain loudly when something goes wrong, myself included. But I figure that I should be praising loudly when someone goes above and beyond! Chase couldn't possibly have known about the thread tenon, and even though I bought it with the understanding of it being as-is, he still went out of his way to fix it.

BIG THANKS TO CHASE CURTIS!!!!

Well I don't know this Chase character, but based on this action alone I'd say he is a stand up guy...and I know Grit is so your in good company on this one .

Hats off to you Chase

Blacksheep,

Im glad it all worked out! I am sure your new edge from Grit will be a shooter... I have just always believed in treating people how you would want to be treated.. In business or friends.. All the same. gun)

I have no idea who you are, but you have my respect Mr. Curtis.
I have had bad experiences with two custom rifles, one I ordered and one I bought used but said to be in almost new condition. These both fell far short of what was represented, and the sellers refused to make right on them. It is refreshing to hear of integrity in a long distance transaction.

It is admirable of Chase Curtis to step forward and make this situation right, and laudable for Black Sheep to want to publicaly praise him.

We should see more of these actions, but unfortunately, in today's world, we are so eager to condemn ones actions instead of praise them.

The lesson to be learned here is to do your homework on the gentleman you choose to build your rifles. There is probably a reason that a guy can chamber your barrel in a week or less.lightbulb

It's great hearing about someone standing up and doing the right thing. I wish the news would do the same. All you hear about is the $h!t going on, when in reality there are good people out there doing what's right on a regular basis! Good for you Mr. Curtis, you reap what you sow! :)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.