Thanks to Len Backus and family!

Gone Ballistic

LRH Team Member
As most of us, who belong to this website are sitting inside of our homes, during this troubling moment in our lives, what would we do without the social interaction this site gives us? How would we be able to further find helpful advice and information on a daily basis? How would we acquire new friendships from other areas and share our insights and ideas? Where could we find such great comadrie with others who embrace our passion for shooting?
Without a gentleman named Len Backus, whose foresight and hardships resulted in this website for our enjoyment, whose name resonates with those of us long timers, what would we be doing now? It is times like this we fail to appreciate the things we take for granted. Today I hope everyone here will give a shout out of thanks to Len Backus.
Len, I honestly can't thank you enough!

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
GB, what a nice thought! Thank you so much.

And what a nice day this has been in another way.

60 years ago today (March 30, 1960) I walked home from 8th grade in school, the cutest, smartest girl in the class --- my future wife --- Kathy!

And just now we got back from Leon's Drive-in where we went to have the best-in-the-world hot fudge sundae to celebrate the memory of that special 8th grade moment.

North Idaho Hunter

Thank you to len and the staff for creating a great atmosphere for us to enjoy! We are lucky to have such a place as this!

sedancowboy

LRH Team Member
Thank you GB for reminding US that we still live in the greatest country in the world with the greatest people in the world. Thank you Len for bringing us all together! I certainly have gotten hours of joy from this LRH while sitting at home. What a great distraction from the news of the day.

johnnyk

I really appreciate this forum and all that it brings with it. Your idea and unwaivering commitment to a once frowned upon style of hunting has been the source of happiness and inspiration for a lot of folks down through the years. Thanks Len for all you do.

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks, guys.

By the way, some may not know that LRH was started 19 years ago.

At the time I was a participant in a few other sites. Those other sites became pretty heated often when long range hunting was mentioned.

After a couple years of that kind of disrespect I had had it.

I started the LRH site and made it a sanctuary of sorts for long range discussions.

mfk

GB, what a nice thought! Thank you so much.

And what a nice day this has been in another way.

60 years ago today (March 30, 1960) I walked home from 8th grade in school, the cutest, smartest girl in the class --- my future wife --- Kathy!

And just now we got back from Leon's Drive-in where we went to have the best-in-the-world hot fudge sundae to celebrate the memory of that special 8th grade moment.
Congrats!

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce