Prairie dog hunting New Mexico

Hi, l am new here. l shot around Clayton, NM in June 2018... Very disappointing trip. lt seems it was great in 2017 in the same area, but Plague hit the area Hard afterwards. Be sure and call ahead before making very long trip...
Prairie dog hunting is just an extra on the trip. The main reason we are going is the antelope hunting.

Brandon, Thanks for the reply... The ranch we were shooting on offers antelope too, along with elk, deer, and even bear. l think he said he gets around 40 tags a year. The place is quite large at 110 sections.. We were there just for the prairie dogs.. l was shooting/hunting with some friends from Canton Tx. A shooting friend of mine from here in Augusta shot near Chicone, NM last month.. Said he came home with 1500 less rds of ammo... Like my friend who just returned from Chicone l am more of a shooter than a hunter. He is an IBS and NBRSA bench rest rifle shooter.. Punching paper is just too boring for me.. l shoot IHMSA metallic silhouettes with handguns

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts