Prairie Dog FUN in New Mexico Soon

Me to,
l live where deer season begins in 2 days. Longest season in the country. NO BAG LIMIT.
To this old guy, l would pass up the whole Lower SC deer season for 3 good days of prairie dogs.
Shooting deer holds no interest for me. Shooting prairie dogs DOES
I wish I had someone who knows where to go and shoot for three days continuous! Seems a lot of ranchers as used poison. And the Guides think they are worth $630 per day per person! Not in my life time for something you can't eat

Me to,

I wish I had someone who knows where to go and shoot for three days continuous! Seems a lot of ranchers as used poison. And the Guides think they are worth $630 per day per person! Not in my life time for something you can't eat
Poison~? I thought poisoning was banned because other species that eat carrion would die too~~~ like Bald Eagles and hawks~!
BUT, if poisoning is back on the table it must have been brought back by the "anti-gun" crowd as another log on the fire to control us.

l live where deer season begins in 2 days. Longest season in the country. NO BAG LIMIT.
To this old guy, l would pass up the whole Lower SC deer season for 3 good days of prairie dogs.

Another old man that pretty much feels the same way. I've taken a lot of deer over the years but never a pd.

Poison~? I thought poisoning was banned because other species that eat carrion would die too~~~ like Bald Eagles and hawks~!
BUT, if poisoning is back on the table it must have been brought back by the "anti-gun" crowd as another log on the fire to control us.
I think you might have a good point. Other than that, maybe they just could not get a handle on the over population and maybe a lack of knowledge of how many shooters would be willing to travel near and far to enjoy the sport of short to long range shooting. The only place near me (southern AZ) the PD's are protected so the Black Footed Ferret will survive... Please someone tell me what purpose is a Black Footed Ferret?

There is a rancher near my CO that lets me shoot them on his alfalfa pivots. I always give him and his brother (co-owner) an Amazon gift card at Christmas and donate $100 to something near and dear to him.

There is a rancher near my CO that lets me shoot them on his alfalfa pivots. I always give him and his brother (co-owner) an Amazon gift card at Christmas and donate $100 to something near and dear to him.
I'd do that too if you want and extra shooter. I just can't bring myself to pay and outfitter bunches of money. The ranchers, farmers, and the Truck Drivers is what makes this world work!

lf l had a neighbor like that with prairie dogs to shoot l'd treat him with a CHRISTMAS gift card EVERY DAY l shot

Late to the party.
I like to eat deer. I have made some long treks to "harvest" one. I could care less about horns either, fry them, bake them, boil them still not palatable.
I pretty much refuse to go more than 5-10 miles to get some meat, usually about 2 miles.
YET tell me we are going dog hunting, if I have the time and it works for my vacation time, I can be ready to go with zero complaints in about 3 hours.
Notice I did not bring up a destination, lol. Makes no difference I am ready to go.

I hate to admit it too but I LOVE prairie dog hunting so much I'd cancel almost anything to have a few days of hunting them if there was a good chance I'd get into a target rich environment.

LD-l used to hunt/get in trouble 60yrs ago in NW Florida. Panama City area. My Uncle owned Red Cloud Fish Camp. Big gobblers there. Shooting prairie dogs beats deer hunting ANY DAY!!!