Prairie Dog FUN in New Mexico Soon

I hate to admit it too but I LOVE prairie dog hunting so much I'd cancel almost anything to have a few days of hunting them if there was a good chance I'd get into a target rich environment.
I FEEL THE SAME WAY. My brother in law whom I show with last year as some medical problems and not able to go. I made contact with a guy in wyo, but when I called to confirm, he done went and poisoned them out. So Now I'm looking for someone to connect with. I have two of the very best shooting stations to share.

I FEEL THE SAME WAY. My brother in law whom I show with last year as some medical problems and not able to go. I made contact with a guy in wyo, but when I called to confirm, he done went and poisoned them out. So Now I'm looking for someone to connect with. I have two of the very best shooting stations to share.
If you're talking about shooting benches I have two I built 20 years ago from the old booger bench specs. One of them has been out in the weather so many years it needs to be rebuilt but the other one is in like new condition still because it's been in my loading room since right after I built it.

How about showing us pics of yours? I love to see other people's ideas of shooting stations (benches).

We're past the prime time for prairie dog shooting for this year I suspect. From what I've heard it's primarily May through August but it varies from local to local with latitudes being very important along with weather.

Subscribed. ✅

Please, keep us in the visual loop. They say:
○ A picture is worth 1000 words.

Consequently:
○ A video must be worth 10.000 words.

However, I say:
○ A slow-motion video is priceless. 😉

Matthias

Attachments

• 20160910_095306-1.jpg
    20160910_095306-1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 55
First 17 fireball loads yesterday. Barrel gets here Thur. These carry 2500 fps to 360 yds same as a 40 gr from a 223. 17 hornet on the right. About 60% of my pdog shooting is 17 hornet now. They are good to 300 yds.

Attachments

• 20230911_161800[1].jpg
    20230911_161800[1].jpg
    822 KB · Views: 51
I'm moving to 17 Hornet, 17 Fireball and 19 Badger for the bulk of my prairie dog hunting. I do have a 204 Ruger for shots beyond 300.

I agree, I LOVE shooting prairie dogs! I sometimes feel silly driving 900 miles and 15 hours to do it… but man I've never had a bad week when I'm there!
Here is my shooting bench
View attachment 495210
I go to Montana though.
That's quite simply the nicest portable shooting bench setup I've ever seen. I also like the stabilizers in the rear. Good idea to limit truck wobble.