Prairie Dog Hunting Video

toasty

Been playing around with digiscoping and capturing prairie dog hits at long ranges. Regular cameras will not do that at 300-400 yards. Video is not perfect, but got some good shots. My daughter is really becoming a decent shooter. She missed some shots, but also hit some long shots.

[ame="https://vimeo.com/158132232"]02-16 pdog movie on Vimeo[/ame]

That was cool. We are going to shoot gophers next weekend. We are talking about setting the camera up near a hole, backing off, and waiting for the gopher to come out and get close up impact video.

Steve

Rocky mountains.. I have also taken coyotes, badgers, and a pronghorn on a prairie dog hunt.

Cool video I liked the background music! "Let's fall to pieces" lol! If more kids got out and shot prairie dogs I think the video game industry would go out of business. It's just that much fun. I'm going to have to take my video camera out next time and try to catch some splatter on video!

Also, how do you like the x-caliber barrel? I'm anxious to try one of their barrels out.

At first I wasn't so sure, it took a while to find the right 6x45 load, but now it is probably one of my most accurate guns. The best thing about the barrel is it does not foul. Cleaning this barrel takes 1/10 of the time of most of my other barrels. I would buy another one, seems better than my current shilen 243 win and as good as my criterion 260 rem and less expensive than both. Apache did a nice job and turned it around in about 4-5 weeks.

That's great! I have called and talked to those guys a couple times and they seem to have very good customer relation skills. I'm glad to know their barrels shoot and don't foul.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.