Prairie Dog hunting trip

grizzly72

I am looking for any help.in deciding if/ when/ where for a PD hunt this spring.
Are there any issues with plagues this year that may cause low numbers in specific area?
Any suggestions on best place to go?
Any references?
There will be 3-5 hunters if we can determine a good place. First time PD hunters..

I am looking for any help.in deciding if/ when/ where for a PD hunt this spring.
Are there any issues with plagues this year that may cause low numbers in specific area?
Any references?
There will be 3-5 hunters if we can determine a good place. First time PD hunters..

That's a nasty big group.........of shooters

That's a nasty big group.........of shooters
only problem is that Black footed Ferrets make their main diet out of PD so by killing them your also not helping the Black Footed Ferret, they were thought to be extinct but a farmer found some in Montana a few years ago, now the state is raising them to bring them back. Know the fun in hunting them and sure helps out the range from their dens, So enjoy your hunt, just happen to see this a few weeks ago and found it interesting.

Since this thread has been brought back up, I hope it keeps going this time. I am looking to find a PD hunt this spring with two grandsons. Hoping for something not so far from Texas but will travel where ever its necessary. We are seasoned shooters, with precision rifles, but first time PD hunters.

First time PD hunter I am nowhere near any that I know of. I got a .204 and need to get out of here for a week. We have a ton of loss here over the holidays and I just want to go away somehwere in silence with just me hunting and the wife riding and sleeping in a hotel or cabin somewhere.
I have zero idea what i am doing so surely I wont' hurt the population

Since this thread has been brought back up, I hope it keeps going this time. I am looking to find a PD hunt this spring with two grandsons. Hoping for something not so far from Texas but will travel where ever its necessary. We are seasoned shooters, with precision rifles, but first time PD hunters.
This is great I hope you guys find a spot and have a blast. Keep teaching those grandsons sir.

Any references?
I do all kinds of hunting Ed6058481516 western sd