Powder , primers and bullits shortage

I live in wilmer al. and I can not find any large rifle primers for my 6.5 creedmoor or brass in large pocket primers or small will trade for some of eather or both. or buy 300 pieces of primers and 100 pieces of brass will do. Im not looking for a brick of 1000 just a few to start out with same with the brass. the 6.5 creedmoor is my newest rifle.
There seems to be more small rifle primers available than large from what I have noticed, on the internet. I would be looking for brass with small primer pockets if it was me. Which may be a problem. I have not done much looking for brass. So I'm not sure if it's even available ? I have yet to see LRP for sale on the internet in the last 2 years. I go to Estate sales & auctions. You would be surprised at the goodies you can score there. Even the small sales. Merchandisers list estate sales with reloading equipment & supplies. It almost becomes addicting. You wouldn't believe how many bullets, primers, powders I have bought for pennies on the dollar. A lot of good stuff that you can't even find today. I buy stuff I don't even need. Just because it's cheap. lol

..their not done making a killing yet, funny, can't be a shortage cause I can now buy all I want if I pay there price on some components....they've managed to do what the antis have failed at for decades, stop us from shooting...and they didn't even charge the antis for doing their work..strange turn of events..

Scored, a couple of Pounds of, H-380 at, my local Walmart for, $35 lb. and they HAVE some,.. Sierra Bullets !
Primers are STILL,. "Tough" and Pricey "Here" ( Everybody in Idaho,.. Shoots ) but they are,.. available !
VhitaVouri Powders, are PLENTIFUL at, my Local GS and at Today's Powder Prices,.. NOT all that, Expensive, anymore !

Maybe get a few 65CM small primer brass and try it yourself. Course I am giving advice on the internet too!
Hang Fires, in 6.5 Creed, with Sm Primers,.. ABOUND, in the Bitter Cold from, the Dakota's to, the Cascades, in Eastern Oregon ( Nov/ Dec thru Feb ).
From,.. Northern Nevada and N. Utah to, the Canadian Border,..
NO,. thanks ! Be VERY careful of WHAT you Hear,.. on the Internet !

Last edited:
..their not done making a killing yet, funny, can't be a shortage cause I can now buy all I want if I pay there price on some components....they've managed to do what the antis have failed at for decades, stop us from shooting...and they didn't even charge the antis for doing their work..strange turn of events..

The shortage certainly hurts people's ability to shoot. Pricing? Not so much. Not even at scalper prices.

I've already decided I'm not going to stop shooting. So that means when I need components, I'll decide which ones are the best, and buy as many as I need from the best place to buy them from at whatever price is being asked. Any shooters that aren't shooting because of primer prices are saying shooting isn't very important to them. People hardly ever shoot anyway, no matter the cost... and most shooters will not need more than 500 primers per year. So that's a whopping $75-$150 per year, even at scalpers prices. Those same guys will spend $4,000-$6,000 per year on tobacco and energy drinks. Even if each single precision rifle round costs $3 each, and even at scalpers prices it's nowhere near that for most handloaders, those 500 rounds would only cost $1,500.

We're reaching toward the end of the year, and I figure I'm somewhere north of 15,000-18,000 primers spent this year. I have 100,000 primers on back order, just for myself. If they cost $250 per thousand, then I guess that's what they cost. I preferred it when they cost $28 per thousand, but that's not the world anymore.

Hang Fires, in 6.5 Creed ABOUND, in the Bitter Cold from, the Dakota's to, the Cascades, in Eastern Oregon
NO,. thanks !
You must be trying to use standard small rife instead of small rifle magnum. It's 15 degrees out and I was just shooting some CCI-450's earlier in a creed with H4350 and no problem. I've run them down to -25° F without issue.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

Yes, I use Lge CCI std. and Fed 210 Match Primers to, Lite Off,.. H-380 & IMR 4895 in my .22-250 and F-210's, W/ StaBall 65 Powder, in my 6.5 Creed.
both Primers are, very Consistant "Accuracy wise", in Winter or, Summer for Me.
David Tubb, did some Studies on Small Primers in Winter with, His 6 XC Cart and had, "Problems" BUT, the Hotter, CCI, 450's,. SHOULD Be,.. Okay.
IF, it AIN'T Broke, WHY, Mess with,..IT ??? ( My thinking,. LOL ).
There's been, many complaints about "Hang Fires" with, NON Magnum, Small Primers,..
BUT, I don't know, WHAT Brands, of, Primers, were used.

Last edited:
I live in wilmer al. and I can not find any large rifle primers for my 6.5 creedmoor or brass in large pocket primers or small will trade for some of eather or both. or buy 300 pieces of primers and 100 pieces of brass will do. Im not looking for a brick of 1000 just a few to start out with same with the brass. the 6.5 creedmoor is my newest rifle.
Brownells has small rifle primers for $165.00 plus shipping , etc. No Large as of yet.

Brownells has small rifle primers for $165.00 plus shipping , etc. No Large as of yet.
Thats a crazy price for SRPs.
Brownells is trying to surpass Midway.......in wrong direction..

Before I spend $165.00 for any primer I'll quit shooting, the ANTIS WON COURTESY OF THE RELOADING INDUSTRY !!!!!!!!
iTqCC1O.gif

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

I'll repeat myself once again! LRPs are being shipped to dealers. That's why they are available on gun broker. I'm100 percent certain about this. I know a reloading supply dealer who gets them. They are going to certain customers and on auction sites. Guy I reload for, and I've loaded thousands of rounds for him put two bricks in my hand week ago and said keep loading for me. He owns a GS.

I have a total of 800 small rifle cci no. 41 primers for my 5.56 and after reveiwing small primers in 6.5 creedmoor brass had delay fireing on a lot of small rifle brand primers in the small pocket 6.5 creedmoor veido reveiws I.ve seen. What would you recomend.
450 magnum primers or the #41 are some of the hottest primers. I know guys shooting SRP in Lapua brass and they like the 450's. Winchesters are hot also.