Powder , primers and bullits shortage

If people keep buying at these high prices, the prices will stay high. I understand if you have no choice, but if you don't need something leave it for someone who does or for the seller to sit on.
Sellers at small local shops have bills to pay too. I don't think they are on consignment. I understand the wanting lower prices. But do you think not buying will keep many places in business ? I just don't buy large quantities. I hate to see doors close. Then where will we be ?

I've seen lots of various powders and bullets drop this week that have been unobtanium for a long time.

If you are only walking into your local stores expecting to find a lot of stuff you are missing out. I expect most of the big online retailers are getting the lion's share of stuff. It sucks for hazmat fees but if you want/need it that's going to be your best option at least for a while.

I am seeing more powder at the larger retailers recently. This is our local Cabelas. Not a lot of stuff I need/want but that's more powder on the shelf than I've seen there in at least 2 years. I did manage to snag 8# of H1000 through their website and have it shipped to the store to avoid hazmat fees.

D1DC4A35-EC46-42B6-91F4-E610F2AA0268.jpeg

I'm getting plenty of primers, by the brick no limit, locally & from Mid South Shooter Supply. Is it twice the price, than it used to be, yes, but you gotta pay to play. My stocks are finally back to pre-plandemic level finally!

Powder is still a bit hard to come by, but not impossible. I had purchased heavy, when the when the Hodgdon powder crisis occurred and had also found near identical alternatives in Shooters World Powders. Same or better results at a lower cost.

(Ramshot was the hidden gem, until Big H gobbled them up)

Shooters World Match is not only identical to A2520, but better for it's low flash, cleaner burn, consistent numbers and great accuracy. I however have mostly depleted that and it's not available currently, but I got 12 lbs(8# keg & 4 1 pounders) of their AR Plus to run through.

Myself and two 20 something boy's, to feed AR's!

My long range stocks, have been set for a long time now.

I had to think outside my preference box since my preferred powders, 8208XBR, Power Pro Varmint, and 2000R have become unobtanium.
I have discovered that Leverevolution works well with 308W. It also works very well with 223 when you're using 75 or heavier grain bullets. I've only been lucky enough to find primers on VERY rare occasion. In an effort not to get victimized, I only shop known good sites. My credit card is standing by in condition one should I find something I can use.

Sellers at small local shops have bills to pay too. I don't think they are on consignment. I understand the wanting lower prices. But do you think not buying will keep many places in business ? I just don't buy large quantities. I hate to see doors close. Then where will we be ?
I own a small business so you're not telling me anything I don't know. However, last time I bought primers (late 2019) I paid $31/1000. I understand cost of materials increases but there is a lot more than that going on here.

I own a small business so you're not telling me anything I don't know. However, last time I bought primers (late 2019) I paid $31/1000. I understand cost of materials increases but there is a lot more than that going on here.
I think I pointed this out in a thread regarding Vista Outdoors.

They own Federal and Remington, and CCI. Monopolies raise prices way in excess of inflation. Marry inflation w monopoly, you have a real bad brew of bad juju.

I did a hunt in Ohio the first part of November. The LGS there had all kinds of reloading bullets and powders. Lots of factory ammo that I can't find in Montana and by the case. it is getting better just moving at a snails pace. We have not seen much imporvement here in Montana either, at least not around the Missoula area.

I had to think outside my preference box since my preferred powders, 8208XBR, Power Pro Varmint, and 2000R have become unobtanium.
I have discovered that Leverevolution works well with 308W. It also works very well with 223 when you're using 75 or heavier grain bullets. I've only been lucky enough to find primers on VERY rare occasion. In an effort not to get victimized, I only shop known good sites. My credit card is standing by in condition one should I find something I can use.
Yep, people are so afraid to try other available powders, i.e., peeps are using LRT with very good success when Retumbo is NOT available. I have seen them locally, and Midsouth has them often at under $30/pound.