Powder Prices - good lord

I just took a look around. I see that H4350 is up and no 8# either now. I did note that Diamond K Brass has LRP's UNIS in Stock 2000 @$238.00. Did some more scanning and I see that Powder are up. I guess I look before leaping. šŸ˜šŸ¤£ I don't stock up like some with 32# of more of powder of one type.
I had been seeing powder prices going down, and it's headed the other way. Not much on the market either for powders go.
The age old story: Watch and Look. I guess window shopping is the way to go for now.

The age old story: Watch and Look. I guess window shopping is the way to go for now.

I'm gonna make a bold prediction hereā€¦ā€¦watch and look for the prices to continue to get higher! I think that the recent huge jump in pricing had several reasons for the jumpā€¦ā€¦and perhaps "over-jumped"! I think that we'll see some reduction/stabilizationā€¦..and then a relatively stable, ever increase in prices!

Components will likely become slightly more availableā€¦..as more people are priced out! JMO memtb

Last edited:
We are occasionally getting Federal LRP in stock at our local stores. I got their last three bricks for $80 ea so I'm good for the next few years. Also H4350 is available in 1 lb cannisters but the price is above $55/ lb so I've been buying one at a time until the 8 pounders become available. No alliant powders available yet.

Skipglo, All of us not buying, would stand to reason that it may get um to drop the prices. But in today's world, it doesn't mean they will.
I'm as sick as everyone else of taking it up the ole Keester, as they are truly raping us, it makes me so sick, I try not to even look for powder
now. I bought a bunch of the different mil-surp stuff from Bartlett.
It does burn dirty, just gotta clean more. They can take their powder prices and put um where we've been taking it!!!! JMHO
Their is no shortage of people buying at the new prices though. I got a shipment of LR Primers in, and they were gone in 2 hours. I limited customers to 5000 primers each and still killed nearly an entire pallet almost instantly. This was at my price increase which isn't as bad as you are probably seeing, but I still raised the price by $10 per box from what my people were used to. They bought everything I had.

I was in my LGS to check out their "after new year's" sale. They had several pounds of powder on the shelf, nothing I needed, but more than I had seen in a while. They had several thousand primers, including CCI 200's, they hadn't had on the shelves in years, they may have been selling them on GB and that wouldn't surprise me. The 200's were $16.99 per 100, while I was looking at some clothing, I did see one guy checking out with 1k, just over $180 after taxes.

I purchased three pounds of pistol powders last week online from Powder Valley when they had free hazmat. even with shipping it was cheaper than the powders I saw at my local GS. I just checked PV's site and both of the powders I purchased are now out of stock.

There was some discussion about labor costs in a few posts. I retired from a large chemical plant. We made a large variety of products, for use in cosmetics, medicine's, blood filtration in dialysis machines and much more. We made very good money for this area and were told several times by the company that our wages were a small part of their production costs. This may not be true across the board, or in small businesses, but it was for the company I worked for.

Last edited:
Thanks. I'll start snooping around
It's out there!
IMG_6020.jpeg
IMG_6021.jpeg