Powder Prices - good lord

Just one example of what is going on:
Eligible taxpayers can receive up to $1,5185 (for single individuals) for the 2023 tax year. Starting in July 2023 and based on the 2022 taxation year, the CWB will provide advance payments equal to 50% of the CWB across 3 payments under the Advanced Canada workers benefit (ACWB)

Someone's got to pay for that; guess who?

I got two alerts from Powder Valley this weekend. It was for availability of 2 powders. I had put in an alert for RL16 and AR-Comp. The link they provided was for the 8# jugs, one of each, that I set in the alert for some time ago. I clicked each link and it automatically loaded them in the cart and put me on the website. Very convenient. I scrolled down, expecting a hefty bill, but not that hefty... almost $1,100.00 and Hazmat shipping wasn't added yet. When I came to, I checked for injuries from falling out of my chair, called the neighbors to let them know that the screams they heard were from the tv, clicked delete, delete, and wept for three hours. Ok... most of that is bs but the price sure wasn't.

I learned how to make decent black powder a few years ago. Decent enough to sub it in for GOEX in a pinch. At this rate it won't be long and all competition will be with muzzle loaders and flintlocks.

I know this is about powder and etc.. Everything is through the roof. I track some things I buy often. Since 2020 Dog soap +100%, Fire Starters +30%, and many others with nothing be less than 25 and most at least 50% price increase. Right or wrong at this point no question all sellers are absolutely taking advantage and pricing way above their costs. No, I dont believe inflation is what the gov. claims, yet no way are the costs still as high as they are. As said above when you eliminate multiple companies able to produce the same products, and narrow it down to one or two. Throughout history prices have instantly inflated the less competition there is.
It's always been about simple supply vs demand. For the life of me I can't understand why competition hasn't driven our prices down, but the past 10-20 years somethings changed and the pricing just keeps going up. THEY JUST WONT BUILD MORE PLANTS TO PUSH MORE OUT, ITS JUST THAT SIMPLE 🤦‍♂️.

People keep paying it, they'll keep charging top dollar.

I feel sorry for the guy that needs a couple boxes a year to take the kids hunting, but have zero sympathy for the mag dump crowd that continue exacerbating the problem.