Powder Prices - good lord

I got bad news for you, because I can see the 2024 pricing update. At the new price with only a 25% mark up I wouldn't be able to sell it to you for $55. Better buy what you can now.
Sounds like I need to take a ride to the other shop and buy what he's got for $55 a pound. Thanks for the heads up even though it's bad news for everyone.

Apparently, they're adding 24k gold flake to the Varget these days....
Strangely enough our prices for Varget (ArR2208) haven't really changed much in the last 3-4 years, it is made here, our problem is getting the factory to make the stuff, haven't seen pistol powder from ADI for a couple of years. I think we are being bleed dry and making people use all there stock piles of powder and primers. They won't straight out take our guns just choke the ammo and components off

Strangely enough our prices for Varget (ArR2208) haven't really changed much in the last 3-4 years, it is made here, our problem is getting the factory to make the stuff, haven't seen pistol powder from ADI for a couple of years. I think we are being bleed dry and making people use all there stock piles of powder and primers. They won't straight out take our guns just choke the ammo and components off

Please Sir, can you spare some for us poors that can't get primers.

I just picked up a 1 lb can of super performance for $38 and a 8 lb jug of retumbo for 399
I recently picked up two 8lb kegs of Retumbo for $349/ea @ LGS. 2 separate trips. Lowest I've seen it in a long time. But had also picked up some online before this find and paid $425 with shipping/hazmat. Mild offset I guess.

I got two alerts from Powder Valley this weekend. It was for availability of 2 powders. I had put in an alert for RL16 and AR-Comp. The link they provided was for the 8# jugs, one of each, that I set in the alert for some time ago. I clicked each link and it automatically loaded them in the cart and put me on the website. Very convenient. I scrolled down, expecting a hefty bill, but not that hefty... almost $1,100.00 and Hazmat shipping wasn't added yet. When I came to, I checked for injuries from falling out of my chair, called the neighbors to let them know that the screams they heard were from the tv, clicked delete, delete, and wept for three hours. Ok... most of that is bs but the price sure wasn't.

I learned how to make decent black powder a few years ago. Decent enough to sub it in for GOEX in a pinch. At this rate it won't be long and all competition will be with muzzle loaders and flintlocks.
All powders over here in Wales well not just powder bullet heads primers have shot through the roof and scarce as well, if you guys get a price hike ours is normally higher, anything to do with Hunting or Fishing gets bumped up

It's definitely frustrating, especially with the lack of available supply. Question is, are prices going down at some point, or are they only going up?
I spoke to someone in the industry and he said he thinks we still have 2 years of this crap before it gets better. As for, will they go back to pre-COVID, he said he doubts that but prices will drop.