Post your .22LR target pics, please! šŸ˜

Here is about the average groups
Don't feel bad. Last week, I went out and was 100% on an 8" plate at 820yds. Two days later, took eight rounds and was one for seven and didn't waste the eight round I took. There was a front rolling in and the wind was shifty from 5 to 10 but to say the least I was humbled. Here's to good groups and bad. But at the end of the day, we are still learning, shooting and free to enjoy this great sport we all love!

Shooting groups/paper with a rimfire gets boring pretty fast. For the last dozen years or so, my primary off-season LR hunting/practice method(in addition to Rimfire PRS), particularly for wind management skills has been with my LR rimfire rifles. Scaling a 22 rimfire to my primarily LRH rifle(6.5x284N) is consistent and quite relational in terms of accuracy, elevation, and wind correction, with ballistic calculators/rangefinders/wind meters/methods, enabling consistent first shot hits with my rimfire to 200 yards when properly programmed. The elevation correction at 200 yards with my rimfire is near equivalent(6.5 MILS) to 1000 yards(6.5MILS) with my centerfire. The rimfire wind dope is also relative, but requires values that are 2X the relative scale due to the lower ballistic coefficient of the rimfire bulletā€¦.200Y/10MPH wind at 2.6MIL(rimfire); 1000Y at 1.3MIL(centerfire). As in LRH with centerfires, it is necessary to apply the same variables with the rimfire to to achieve consistent results, ie.BC, Velocity, AP, etc. It's great practice and hard to beat the convenience, low cost, and endless supply of small pests to hone the LRH skills with first shot hits out to 200 yards with a rimfire in the off-season.

Ballistic chart with 10MPH FV wind for 22RF Federal Gold Medal Match HV 40gr, 1170FPS, BC .128, zero 50 yards

5366CB72-C0B6-4711-B9C1-5FA3AA7FE5FB.png

Yes!! Jebb I was at the end of my rope. One smith said he returned it to the Weatherby factory. " Sorry but no parts for that gun .Too Old." I even asked that big restoration Gun smith in Tenn, to sell it to them for parts. I would have take 100 bucks at that point. Then I said. Why Not!!! the worst that could happen is NOTHING. Replace three springs he said!!! $ !50.00 and 2 weeks later , its fun to shoot!! Here it is with a 12X Leupold.

Attachments

• IMG_2526 Weaterby 22  with 12 X Leupold.jpg
    IMG_2526 Weaterby 22 with 12 X Leupold.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 169
Yes!! Jebb I was at the end of my rope. One smith said he returned it to the Weatherby factory. " Sorry but no parts for that gun .Too Old." I even asked that big restoration Gun smith in Tenn, to sell it to them for parts. I would have take 100 bucks at that point. Then I said. Why Not!!! the worst that could happen is NOTHING. Replace three springs he said!!! $ !50.00 and 2 weeks later , its fun to shoot!! Here it is with a 12X Leupold.
Beautiful!

We had our last match of the year here on Kodiak Sunday. My buddy wanted to shoot it
. Gun had to be 7.5# 3# trigger. We took a perfectly good BDL stock and cut it to pieces on the bandsaw, drilled lightning holes in it. Borrowed a Leupold 2-7 scope. Bought some Leupold backcountry ring/bases. I drilled them out to work with 8-40 screws, counterbored for the heads. Glassbedded his Vudoo with 5 minute epoxy mixed with flock to this hybrid stock. Made weight by. 6 ounces. No forend on stock, no cheek piece. I cleaned it and sent him to range. Shot a 400 - 31X to win the match.

Last edited: