POLL: Preferred Combination of Turrets and Reticle?

Preferred Combination of Turrets and Reticle?

• MOA Turrets and MOA Reticle

• MIL Turrets and MIL Reticle

• Mil Dot Reticle with MOA Turrets

• MOA Reticle with MIL Turrets

Results are only viewable after voting.
Would you rather have a long range scope with:
  • MOA Turrets and MOA reticle
  • MIL Turrets and MIL reticle
  • Mil Dot Reticle with MOA turrets
  • MOA Reticle with MIL turrets
PLEASE ENTER YOUR ANSWER IN THE POLL
MOA-MOA or MIL-MIL
In Italy we prefer MIL-MIL because we use meter and cm instead of yard and inch.
The value of 1 click at the distance of 100 meter is 0.727 cm when we are using a scope turret 1/4 of Moa ...
This is not easy ...
At the distance of 100 m we have : 1 MIL = 10 cm and so on ... for us this is easier.
Regards
Ciao

I normally use a NightForce NXS 3.5-15 x 50
This is an excellent Moa - Moa scope and I use it in our Alps with good results.
Ciao

Mil/mil for me

Def don't want to mix mil to Moa or moa to mil. Would be a nightmare in my opinion. Needs to be same/same which ever way someone prefers or is comfortable with.

Would you rather have a long range scope with:
  • MOA Turrets and MOA reticle
  • MIL Turrets and MIL reticle
  • Mil Dot Reticle with MOA turrets
  • MOA Reticle with MIL turrets
PLEASE ENTER YOUR ANSWER IN THE POLL
It is Mil Mil for me as I have my long range distances set up and understand Mil and how it works to calculate my shot. The EBR reticle from Vortex works well with adjustments when needed

NightForce scopes are very good but in Europe we have also excellent optics : Zeiss, Leica and Swarovski ... Is not easy for me to decide what is "the Best"
Ciao

I learned on the MOA / MIL system in the military in the early 1990s and it worked well. We were trained to use what we had and I've never had any issues with the set up. Personally I use MOA / MOA because I know that system / math very well. The government has not forced us to go metric yet.
I have used Mil / Mil with success. Either system is good and mixing and matching isn't that difficult if you train with them.
Best of luck with your article.
Just my 2 cents.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.