Pocket Knives

After reading this thread, I keep finding more pocket knives. Every drawer that I open has another new pocket knife in it. I still have the same buck in my front pocket that has been there for 15 years.
How do you keep a knife that long? I buy them 2 at a time for when I lose it,which is often but occasionally I find it later.

How do you keep a knife that long? I buy them 2 at a time for when I lose it,which is often but occasionally I find it later.
I have carried a pocket knife for 60 years. In all that time I have never lost one. I did have to go back once and pickup a Schrade stockman I left after doing serious first aid and a tournique, but it was still sitting exactly where I left it on the side hill 2 weeks later.

Ya git those old hands that use a pocket knife for every cutting chore , on the place .Anything from the twine on a bale, pickN a horse's hoof, to cutting pigs. Then, they got a nice Honeycrisp apple at lunch and offer ya a wedge of it, off the same blade, dang it!

Ya git those old hands that use a pocket knife for every cutting chore , on the place .Anything from the twine on a bale, pickN a horse's hoof, to cutting pigs. Then, they got a nice Honeycrisp apple at lunch and offer ya a wedge of it, off the same blade, dang it!
I resemble that remark. What's wrong with that?🤭

I may be a year or 2 behind Dean2 but at age 7 I killed my first deer and had my own pocket knife to bleed and gut it.
Don't remember losing one but I did break one,a case,I gave it to the store keeper I bought it from and he sent it back to case and they put a new blade on and a nice letter.Been carring one for that long.

Chris Reeve Sebenza 21s
loved, collected & carried for decades...
client_PART_1521214531211_20141118_074146.jpeg
client_PART_1520709048973_20180310_111040.jpeg

Mike B

I have carried a pocket knife for 60 years. In all that time I have never lost one. I did have to go back once and pickup a Schrade stockman I left after doing serious first aid and a tournique, but it was still sitting exactly where I left it on the side hill 2 weeks later.
If you're doing first aid, that involves a tourniquet, it's very understandable to forget your knife with that kind of excitement. I'm glad you retrieved it.

That's part of the reason 3 blades are so appealing. Love the Stockman

Chris Reeve Sebenza 21s
loved, collected & carried for decades...View attachment 446012View attachment 446015

Mike B

That's a nice lookin family you''ve got there!
If you're doing first aid, that involves a tourniquet, it's very understandable to forget your knife with that kind of excitement. I'm glad you retrieved it.
Absolutely, me too. Great story!

Typically I have a Spyderco delica or a Byrd knife in my pocket and a Leatherman on the hip... If I'm working it's a Leatherman in the truck door and a spare Gerber in my day bag... One of you mentioned the Wave- good tool but mine went vapor around the house and I've moved on to the Rebar... We have a few of them around now.