PHSD - Post Hunting Season Disorder

After two missed seasons I'm looking to a full 2012 from first of March through last of December. Then 2013 starts.

My name is Roy Chiappini and i have a long range hunting problem. There! I said it. Feel much better!:)

Amen. Hunting year round would not suck. Shawn its a bummer the jack wagons on all the "hunting" shows get to bask in their nests while truely talented and hardworking hunters have gotta think about it for 7 months outta the year and wait.

Luckily I live in New Zealand where we are able to hunt large game year round. The down side of this is that the game herds are un-regulated and deer are shot from choppers for their meat.
But i can go hunting any day i want and stand a pretty good chance of shooting an animal.

Stu.

Couple days of WI rifle doe this week. WY coyotes next week.

After that I'll be looking for a suupport group to join.

Last edited:
I find coyote hunting really helps me ease into my off season. Although, right now it's Dec 6th and there is not even enough snow on the ground to offer a good hide. Never in my life have I experienced brown ground this late in the year. Ma Nature is really scheming against me!!!

"Shawn I feel your pain. But, I have found somethings to help. I have been hunting my butt off chasing Mountain lions. Then yesterday we stopped to call in a yote. Plus I have a trappers license to go after a bobcat or 8 and I am preparng for spring bear season. Not to mention, my wolf tag still carried daily close to my heart.

I know some of this medicine is done from a close distance and is a short fix. But I have found the use of a bow or handgun makes it a bit more of a challenge.

Maybe you should come over here and join me for one of these. You know you are welcome to.

Jeff"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh...to live in Montana... Go get 'em, Jeff.

BUT, you are REQUIRED to share with the rest of us every story and picture that you take. Perhaps that'll take the edge of the PHSD a bit for some of us...or not. :)

I read somewhere that ObamaCare is making it mandatory for insurance policies to cover this increasingly common malady.

PHSD is a very bad thing.... In Florida if I wanted to I could hunt from August until Febuary. My rifle season here in N. Florida just started Thanksgiving Day and will run until first week of March with blackpowder, after that it thunder chicken for a month then yote calling until October. If my season ended the first week of December I'd have to admit myself to a psych ward.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.