Personal Experience With...

AH3682

Hey I've got another one!
Thank all of you who replied to my other threads.

I've got 3 calibers I'm interested in: .308win. 6.5x284 & .220 swift

If you don't mind, tell me what you have in that caliber, how accurately it shoots, what you hunt with it, and how far have you shot.

Thanks in Advance

AH- I have two 6.5-284 , one is 14 pounds i shoot f-class targets. the other is a sendero weight. i shoot coues, coyotes and crows with it. what are you going to shoot with yours??

Hey,
Thanks for your reply
I plan to shoot prairie dogs, deer, and everything in between.gun)

AH,
I have a rifle that is either a special run or somebody's screw up. It is a Savage, marked model 12 on the barrel, however, it is a long action in 6.5-284. It started life (with me) as a BVSS but I traded the stock for a Varmint, Low Profile (VLP) with another LR forum member.
It has shot sub 1/2" from day one. I have killed a few whitetails and one or two hogs with it. It weighs right at 11 lbs and is a pleasure to shoot; low recoil and sooo accurate. 1.5 - 2.0" groups with 120gn Ballistic Tips at 500yds. JohnnyK.

I have a Remington LTR .308 and shoot federal gold medal match 168gr in it. I have shot several deer, prairie dogs and antelope with it and all were DRT. I have shot it to around 600 yards; that particular bullet begins to tumble after 600 in my rifle. It holds 3/4 moa and I can sometimes shoot 1/2 moa with it.

I bought a savage predator in .260 but a friend bought the same rifle in 6.5-284. Both of our rifles we have shot past 1000 yards and they both seem to hold about 1/2 moa with 140 gr Amax reloads. He shot a mule deer with his 6.5-284 this year.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.