Parallax on low power scopes?

gohring3006

Do you guys think parallax adjustment is needed on scopes of 10 power or lower for long range? I see a lot of 10 power "longrange" scopes with no parallax adjustment. I have read it's not as important on scopes of 10 power and lower, what say you???

Paralex is paralex, and if it is out of adjustment it is there no matter what power your scope is. You just won't notice it as much looking through your scope at lower powers. POI's will suffer just as much at lower powers as they do at higher power..

Do you guys think parallax adjustment is needed on scopes of 10 power or lower for long range? I see a lot of 10 power "longrange" scopes with no parallax adjustment. I have read it's not as important on scopes of 10 power and lower, what say you???

Parallax is normally allowed for in scopes with less than 8x. the factory can adjust most if not all of it out but even then it can have a small amount at other distances that the factory did not allow
for. (The higher the power, the more parallax is present and above 8 or 9 power it needs to be managed by an adjustment) they normally set them to be parallax free at 100 yards and be within reason at all other distances.

I personally, would not buy a 10x or more scope with out a parallax adjustment.

Any good long range scope should have a parallax adjustment in my opinion because parallax becomes so important for accuracy at the longer distances.

Parallax adjustable scopes are more expensive to build so if they don't have it chances are that it is a cheep scope or worse, a cheep made expensive scope.

With scopes of 2,4,6 and 8 power, parallax is normally not a consideration, but beyond that it should be.

There are plenty of guys on this site that can better explain this than me, so maybe they will chime
in.

J E CUSTOM

That's kinda what I thought, but I haven't really played around with the low power scopes. All of my longrange stuff is at least 14 power with side focus.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.