PA Black Bear

Kevin Cram

This is a little older photo from 2005. Cameron County PA, 134 lbs. 505 yards with a Montour County Rifles 7 X 300 Weatherby shooting 162g A-Max. I watched this bear for over 3 hours before it presented a shot. It buckled in it's tracks.

05BlackBear.jpg

Come on, it wasn't that small. This was my first bear and I would have swore it would have tipped 200. When I got over there it had some ground shrinkage. I got my cousins long range bear kill on video (550), some day I'll get around to putting it on the computer for you guys.

Congrates on your first Bear;)
I am hoping I can get away with a little ribbing
since I grew up in Clarion:rolleyes:
First off that Bear has longer ears than Spock
And second, you look way to young to be able
to build the weapons that you are.
Good luck and keep up the good work.
Mike

Thanks gamehauler, I watched this bear laying a nest for almost 3 hours and couldn't make out which end was which. He finally got up and stretched and layed back down.. for good. I've been building my own rifles since back in high school. After college I worked at a machine shop with some very fine long range shooters who also worked on their own rifles. In 2003 I bought Kenny Ridenours shop "Ridenour Rifles" and moved everything to Danville, PA. I've been building rifles ever since. It's still machining just more fun!! I've been a long range hunter since I was 10, I'll be 30 this winter. I can honestly say although I'm still pretty young, I have 20 years of long range hunting and shooting experience under my belt.

Keep after it young Man.
Looks like you have a good head on your shoulders
And should make a good go of it.
I wish you the best of luck and if ever I can afford
a Custom I may look you up.
Mike.

Look at the EARS:rolleyes:

This is a little older photo from 2005. Cameron County PA, 134 lbs. 505 yards with a Montour County Rifles 7 X 300 Weatherby shooting 162g A-Max. I watched this bear for over 3 hours before it presented a shot. It buckled in it's tracks.

05BlackBear.jpg

Curious where in Cameron County you shot the bear?

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.