2012 Wyoming Spring Bear

Nice bear and pics. my dad shot a brown colored black bear this year in montana and was some where between 5'6" and 6'. shot with his 300 rum and 180 grain triple shocks at 175 yards at a 45 degree downward angle ad spined it. getting his rug this fall.

Great bear! Do you ever see bear when your hunting in the fall, can you get a tag for the fall just in case? What does your antelope season look like any good ones around? Some buddies and me plan too head down next year we have some ant points. One of them was down this year and arrowed a 360 elk.

I went up to Red Lodge and got my rug back from the taxidermist over the weekend. He said I had the biggest bear out of the 30 rugs that he did from the 2012 seasons. I really didn't expect to hear that but it definitely made my day. He (Dennis Purcell, the taxidermist) measured him at 6' 6" exactly. My dad and I put him up on the wall lastnight, so this is what he looks like now:

IMG_0174_zps9a4e4724.jpg

I can't wait for the 2013 season to start!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.