1.5 MB · Views: 115
  • 20230909_181610.jpg
    20230909_181610.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 121
  • 20230909_181614.jpg
    20230909_181614.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 117
Muddy.
You are so right on the RM elk. I remember when they brought some of the first ones into Pa. They put up huge wall fencing behind their hunting cabin each Penn consisted of about 15 acres with a few inside they wanted to see how much food I think they would consume in a given amount of time either way. Looking at a state that had none and now this!! It's like a miracle was bestowed upon the state of Pa.
I wonder how much money the anti's donated to re-establish the elk herd? Compare it to hunters and anglers dollars.

Beautiful elk but I guess I'll never understand. Enlighten me if you wish?
The RMEF tag has been filled and it is a mass- monster. The World Record is coming and is still walking around, hopefully someone will find him. Lots of bugling just starting, enjoy the photos of some big boys, again not all mine but enjoy them....sweet dreams.View attachment 491356View attachment 491357View attachment 491358View attachment 491359View attachment 491360View attachment 491361View attachment 491367View attachment 491362

Attachments

• IMG_2843.png
    IMG_2843.png
    86.7 KB · Views: 124
If you ever get in the mountains where them Pa elk reside you'll eat them words lol. Just as steep as any mountain range in the USA just covered in Mt Laurel and trees for the most part.

Hills and Hollers ain't what I'm referring to!

How about well under 20" total precipitation in most areas they live meaning poor vegetation as compared to the East, winters often seeing -30's. F and colder plus wind, wolves, grizzly's, just to name some of the things our elk must work through to survive!

Wow… after posting I see that your location is Hill and Hollers! 😂 memtb

Hills and Hollers ain't what I'm referring to!

How about well under 20" total precipitation in most areas they live meaning poor vegetation as compared to the East, winters often seeing -30's. F and colder plus wind, wolves, grizzly's, just to name some of the things our elk must work through to survive!

Wow… after posting I see that your location is Hill and Hollers! 😂 memtb
True lush and green over here. Always mast crops of some sort in addition to grass and agricultural food sources. Rarely snow over knee deep and no predators so to speak of to adults anyhow. They don't migrate over here that I know of that saves thousands of calories a day I bet.

So if Iowa and northern MO could just start growing elk....then the world would see what good soils
and plenty to eat could do for an elk.:D
There will never be wild elk in Iowa. Not unless one wanders by happenstance. Too much farm ground with farmers that would rightfully blow a gasket if elk were brought in.