Other actions besides the Rem700 ?

300WSMMAD

Gentleman, I need to know what other bolt actions currently being used by the Armed forces.

Reason being I would like to build up a rifle for service rifle shoots but the number 1 criteria is that the action must be in current use by an armed force military/police some where in the world

A few that have sprung to mind are Accuracy International, Sako TRG.

What I really want is 100% proof that a Rem 700 clone is in current service eg Surgeon,Stiller etc some where.

OR I can just pimp a remmy but.......:D

I also have to use something called a um er a .308??? What the!! Im kidding!

Thanks in advance

300WSMMAD

300WSMMAD,

You'd better check the rules again if you're looking at Service Rifle competition. If we're talking about CMP type matches, then you're limited to the M1, the M14 or the M16 and their civilian equivalents, the M1A and AR-15 series. New for this year is the AR-10 series, since these are now being used for some SOCOM sniper work (the M110), but there are no legal bolt actions for this competition, including the M700 series. If this is something other than CMP regs, like a local match, then I would imagine just about anything goes.

You did not specify what country so here are a few that are used by military services around the world

British L96A1
German Anchutz 64 MP-R
French FR F2
Russia SV-98
USA Macmillan TAC-308
Canada Parker Hale Model 82

Thanks very much, I was hoping some one like Stiller had a contract, Ive emailed the match director the links.

Kevin, Its a "local" match here in New Zealand, they have rules and different classes. ARs, bolts, even a WWII class, with different rules for each class.

Im looking at Bolt rifle open class, which is ANY ,load(bullet weight)etc, scope, Bipod, rear support, stock we wish to use, the only restriction we have are 308 or 223 and the action must be current service by an armed force some where in the world.

Should be a fun class I think.

300WSMMAD

Sorry 'bout that! Didn't see the "return address" in you title. Yes, Service Rifle over here is a bit different. Yours sounds like it's a lot more open, and probably lot of fun. Good luck, and keep 'em in the middle!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts