tikka threads and other actions?

You really should know a piece of information before posting like this.:rolleyes:;)

The Remington tenon 1-1/16" x 16 tpi (1.062" x 16 threads per inch)

The Tikka tenon 1.0" x 16 tpi.

Seems like you understand how a rifle works pretty decently, but if you were set on reusing the barrel you could cut the tenon off and have a gunsmith machine a new one to fit whatever action you choose and rechamber to proper headspace

but if you were set on reusing the barrel you could cut the tenon off and have a gunsmith machine a new one to fit whatever action you choose and rechamber to proper headspace

This might work with other barrel contours but in this situation (factory barrel) there is not enough of a barrel diameter and length to cut a new tenon and thread for 'whatever action you choose'. Factory barrels do not leave enough extra cylinder to accomplish what you think can be made to happen.

This might work with other barrel contours but in this situation (factory barrel) there is not enough of a barrel diameter and length to cut a new tenon and thread for 'whatever action you choose'. Factory barrels do not leave enough extra cylinder to accomplish what you think can be made to happen.

Hmm, you may be right, probably couldnt be used on some actions depending on the required tenon length. I would have to see the barrel to know if the remaining shank would be long enough. Also would depend on the cartridge it is chambered for if there would be enough shank left to support the chamber up towards the shoulder.
Maybe not the best idea i ever had but i think it could be reused if the guy was dead set on it.

I am right.

I'm looking at one on my bench right this very minute and I have explained why this won't work. What makes you think you know better?
Never said i knew better chief. In fact i said the opposite but you didnt quote that part. I said i was speculating without looking at the barrel, however i dont remember the op ever saying it was a factory barrel in the first place

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts